HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TBone_Boston

Oil drain bolt

7 posts in this topic

Is this the right drain bolt?

I'm at my first oil change on my new '05 450. The manual (page 3-23) lists the 6 different drain bolts you need to remove. I can easily find all of them except for #3 "Drain Bolt (with gasket)".

Am I correct in assuming this is the bolt on frame (right above where the stock glide plate ends)? It is painted blue and looks like the diagram but I wanted to check.

Do any of you have a pattern of when you change the oil? (every ride? after a certain amoun of miles?) Do you change the filter each time?

the blue bolt on the frame is the frame drain bolt, hold a container right over the hole though 'cus otherwise the oil will shoot out all over your tire and floor etc. :D

awesome - thanks!

I had done a few small rides (30min) and a couple biggies (2 -3 hours) totaling 60 miles and the oild looked terrible. I think I'll do it every 5 hours or so.

thx