headpipe's glow, but...

when i put on a fmf titanium 4 silencer and up'd the main to a 170, when it idles, it turns molten red! i put the stock back on and nothing. fmf recommends that the fuel screw be turned out 2.5 turns...would that help the glowing?

also would mis-shimmed valves make a ticking noise when it's running?

Didn't we just go over all this?? :D

Headers glow....It's a fact. My factory header glows.

2.5 turns out would be richer than the stock setting, so yes, it could help cool the engine a little better. It is however, impossible to tell you that 2.5 turns out is the perfect set-up.......maybe 2 turns out will make your bike snappier?? Thats why you need an adjustable fuel screw (like a MSR ) then you can make changes while the bikes running.

Loose valves make a ticking sound, you have checked them?......Right?... You really should not worry about jetting issues until you have your valves properly set. :D

i was told by JD that its common for the header pipe to glows when rev hard on standstill.

Was it like THIS?

(from Wrooster's "collection" - used without permission)

What the HELL was that? :D

when i put on a fmf titanium 4 silencer and up'd the main to a 170, when it idles, it turns molten red! i put the stock back on and nothing. fmf recommends that the fuel screw be turned out 2.5 turns...would that help the glowing?

also would mis-shimmed valves make a ticking noise when it's running?

I would say definitely adjust the fuel screw out and see if that helps. If you get past 3 turns out, go up one size on the pilot jet.

Glowing orange is normal, molten red is not.

thanks for the info