HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wr450fyamaha

gears

8 posts in this topic

can someone fill this out for me on an xr650l. i need the max rpm's and the gear ratios. that or point me to a website that could help. thanks.

Max rmp's:

1st:

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

5th:

your max RPM is going to be what ever the engine red lines at. It will be the same in all gears. Read the thread "chain slipping only in second" someone lists the gear ratios there.

yeah, i googled it and found it.......but i still wanna know what the max rpm is....i dont have a rpm guage, just spedo.

if the top end is close to stock then you could look it upin the manual or if you dont have one you could consult you local dealerships sevice Techs.

before you do the calculations, make sure you check to see if you have reverse cut gears - you can tell by opening up the inspection cover on the gearbox and looking at the teeth. Angled right to left = straight cut. Angled LEFT to right = REVERSE cut. You need to find this out before you can figure out the max "rmp's". Hope this helps :D