05 Wr450 chain slap

My 05 has heaps of chain slap noise, especially low to mid speed. I gather from other postings that it's a common trait of the WRs but Yamaha have sort of fixed it in the 05 by sticking tape under the chain guide. I set the chain as per manual which seems to be a touch loose to me and the bike has done it from new. Anyone else have the same problem and if so have you done any mods to correct it? Besides getting a noisier exhaust that is.

gregwr450f suggestion about the rubber is a good idea, it is also a little easier to accomplish if you cut holes for the slider mount bolts as this helps anchor the rubber in position witht the adhesive

Chain tension is really critical.

Too tight and you will start getting loose rear sprocket bolts.

If you don't catch it quickly you will start to round the holes in the rear hub.

$$$$$$$Cha-Ching

Not too mention your countershaft seal and possibly bending your countershaft :D:D

Ditto what Indy said. Takes all of about 10 minutes to do. Remove two top bolts on slider and hold away from swing arm with zip ties. Clean swing arm and slider with a little bit o contact cleaner. Put bead of silicon gasket where chain slider bolts to swing arm, let set up, then bolt down chain slider. Slap and wear problem solved, assuming your chain is adjusted properly. :D