HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryan Bosch

Replace FMF with stock exhaust?

6 posts in this topic

Hey Bryan.

What are the decibel (DB) levels of this pipe/header combo?

Also, what manufacturer makes the Stroker SX-1?

I have read the internal specs on the FMF Powerbomb header. I'm not too impressed by the fact that it has steel wool in it. I'm thinking this stuff will eventually burn out and you can't repack the headpipe from what I can see.

I'd certainly like to hear more info on this combo and subject.

-Jeff

www.strokerspeed.com.

Noise, in my opinion, is nothing like stock w/ baffle removed. Considerably more quiet, but still louder than stock with HP prohibiter installed. There is also a quiet tip insert available if you want.

------------------

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action , OEM YZ tank and IMS seat.

Originally posted by AZJeff_99WR400:

Hey Bryan.

What are the decibel (DB) levels of this pipe/header combo?

Also, what manufacturer makes the Stroker SX-1?

I have read the internal specs on the FMF Powerbomb header. I'm not too impressed by the fact that it has steel wool in it. I'm thinking this stuff will eventually burn out and you can't repack the headpipe from what I can see.

I'd certainly like to hear more info on this combo and subject.

-Jeff

Search the site for info on this combo. I did lots of research and this combo seemed to be winner over many as a balance between power and sound. I chose the FMF MegaMax II due to its tuning abilities. With 5-7 discs and the included quiet core insert, I think you'd like the pipe very much. It's 3.5 lbs lighter than the stocker as well.

Originally posted by AZJeff_99WR400:

I am considering putting on the STOCK 2000 exhaust , but I MUST have the spark arrestor functionality.

BMP makes an insert that converts the stock silencer to a disc-type S/A. By putting fewer discs you may end up quieter than stock.

yz400s.jpg

I have a 1999 WR400. YZ timing, jetting and airbox mods. It has an FMF Powercore IV 2 SA exhaust system with the FMF oversized header.

Myself, the desert critters and ALL of my riding friends are more than tired of the ridiculous noise that comes from it.

Since I am an Arizona trail rider and not a racer, I am considering putting on the STOCK 2000 exhaust, but I MUST have the spark arrestor functionality. I need to know if the 2000 WR exhaust has a spark arrestor, and if it has a removeable baffle thing like previous years.

My FMF produces way more than enough power, but the trade-off in noise is no longer acceptable to me. I just want low end grunt. Is the 2000 WR STOCK exhaust the way to go? I understand for the 2000 year they actually made the exhaust out of stainless instead of recycled American cars!!!???

Please advise, your real-world comments are always appreciated.

-Jeff