WR450...Am I too big for it?

I am 6'3 and a physicaly fit 225lbs Is the WR450 a good choice or will I dwarf it? I don't know anyone personaly that has one so test riding is out. I will be riding desert and Baja mostly. I am trying to decide between the WR or an XR650R which I know fits my size.

I love my WR 450 but 2 of the guys I ride with think the XR is the best desert bike they have ever ridden. Extremely stable and huge power everywhere.

I just got beat in a Hare Scramblles by a guy on an XR 650 with a trashed rear tire. He took Overall A and I got Senior A #1 by default.

I think it is a tougher choice than you think.

I am 6'2" and about 240lbs.

My '05 pulls me around really well. Don't worry about earlier models as the turning aint so good when compared to the '05. The only thing I feel would be better if it had more room between the top of the seat and the foot pegs.

A set of bar risers or fatbars with adapters is the way to go as is an adjustable top tripple clamp so you can move the bars forward. GYTR have a great bar / clamp combo for really cheap too.

ok.... maybe I should rephrase my question. When I say am I too big for it, I mean length. Matty05 summed it up that he wishes there was more room from seat to pegs and thats one of the things I was wanting to know. I have long legs and dint care to have my knees above my belly button. I'll have to go sit on one at the dealer and see how it feels.

What's your inseam? Mine's 33" at 6', 220# and my '05 fits me just about perfect. In fact, it could even be about an inch lower and it would still work well. You can always get a little taller seat down the road as well. The '03's and '04's were about and inch taller, so if you can find one of those, you should be fine too...SC

ok.... maybe I should rephrase my question. When I say am I too big for it, I mean length. Matty05 summed it up that he wishes there was more room from seat to pegs and thats one of the things I was wanting to know. I have long legs and dint care to have my knees above my belly button. I'll have to go sit on one at the dealer and see how it feels.

I am 6'4" and found it (01 426) better with a SDG tall seat and a set of top clamps that let me move the bars forward.http://users.tpg.com.au/adsl4nqr/Pics/bars.jpg

I'm 6 ft 4 in and 225 and fitish. WR 450 03 is great. Would recomend bar spacers with a taper bar to increase bar height when standing up. I came off XR 400 but WR is another machine altogether. Go with the 450 its a lot lighter than a Honda and power is great.

Im 6'4. 245. have any of you lowered the pegs in a low boy position. I bought the fastway pegs. Its a little different. Im still thinking if I should raise them like the old. Ill still play. I did get fat bars and the risers that raised them a bit. Might look at new triple clamps

These guys are right on the money. I am 6' 05" 245# and my 01 WR426 is absolutely incredible. With exception of the airbox mod mine is still stock. It has POWER galore and much more fun to ride than a XR600 or 650. I would recomment moving the bars, putting a tall seat on and maybe adjusting the foot pegs (same as what everyone else has stated). I will be making these mods on mine prior to the fall riding season.

Tree