Should I? brand new 04 yz450 $5800 OTD

I am on the edge here guys. My local dealer really wants to blow this new 04 out and will give me a steal. I have a 250f now and I know my next bike will be a 450. I do all woods and dont really like the 4 speed but I am undecided. What should I knwo about this bike to begin with? Any quirks to watch out for? I went in to put a deposit on an 06 450 but now I dont know. Thanks for the info.

Andy

Sounds real high.... like the dealer was high too. :D I bought my '04 YZ450 in november of '03 for $6000 OTD that was a month or two after it hit the showroom floor. The 2006 is about to come out and that's the best he can do :D tell him to put the pipe down and give you a good deal or go to the Motorcycle Brokers ...Hell, they have the 2006 prices up and they are at 5,999.

Could of picked up an '04 for $5300 6 months ago. I thought that was a little steep then. 5800 would be good if it were Rubles or Pesos maybe. Put your money down on the '06. Obviously the dealer doesn't want to sell the '04 very bad yet.

No wonder the guy still has 04's left.....I woudl hate to pay that much for a two year old bike.

A person almost cannot do something lie that. If you needed to sell it in a few months or so, the bike will be worth 3 grand. Dont do it. If your financing, you woudl never even notice the slight savings your getting.

I am on the edge here guys. My local dealer really wants to blow this new 04 out and will give me a steal. I have a 250f now and I know my next bike will be a 450. I do all woods and dont really like the 4 speed but I am undecided. What should I knwo about this bike to begin with? Any quirks to watch out for? I went in to put a deposit on an 06 450 but now I dont know. Thanks for the info.

Andy

All was good until you said you put a deposit on an '06 450F....GET THAT!

The '04 will rip your arms off...literally.

You guys are all crazy buying brand new bikes....... I got a used 04 Yz 450f with just under 50 hours on it (trail ridden only on private property) for $ 3,300 back in April. It is flawless (except for the typical frame paint rubbed off from boots, and the rubbing on the magnesium casings) Why not save all that depeciation......I could maybe see buying new if you're definately going to race, but even than, I think it's way too much. I think this bike went for about $ 6,100 and a year later I get it for $ 3,300 I've put about 23 hours of riding on it (mainly trails, some Motocross) and absoulutely no problems. The 04 has slightly less "hit" than the 03 due to the heavier flywheel, but I believe the front forks are 2mm larger in diameter. Anyway, I highly recommend these bikes, but I'd lean toward used.....