HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jim1234

My new xr650r kid approved

15 posts in this topic

Finally found a dual sport ,and brought it home. My kids wanted to ride it . They climbed on and away they went. The first picture is my 8 year old and the last 2 are my 6 year old. He had the bike sideways but I missed the picture. What the picture didn't show was dad hoping they didn't try the huge table top in our backyard.

xr1.jpg

xr3.jpg.w300h225.jpg

xr2.jpg.w300h225.jpg

They ride almost eveyday and ride a track at least once a week . As far as child protective services dad was a step away at all times. There're really fast and would do well if i would let them race. I want them to have fun and make that choice we they get older.

They ride almost eveyday and ride a track at least once a week . As far as child protective services dad was a step away at all times. There're really fast and would do well if i would let them race. I want them to have fun and make that choice we they get older.

Excellent job Jim. So many parents push their kids to fufill their own unsatisfied goals. I let my 13 ride my XR650L the last time we were riding. I had to hold it up so he could get going, too funny :D

Here's a couple of pic's of my boys jumping in the back yard. Remmeber there'e

6 and 8

mvc-004s.jpg

mvc-005s.jpg.w300h225.jpg

mvc-007s.jpg.w300h225.jpg

That is awesome!

I look back on the days of my dad teaching me to ride as some of my best memories. As a kindergarten teacher i think that riding dirtbikes is a great character builder(heck look at all of us characters!) teaches you self reliance, toughness, builds confidence, and is a FAMILY sport.

Some day when I have kids I sure hope they make the choice to ride!

keep up the good parenting!

and your kids rip, lucky grommets jumping in their back yard...

Man that is too cool!!! Great pics! That reminds me of some great memories when I was that age; my dad having me stand on the tailgate of the pickup, so I could climb onto his RM400. I could barely reach the pegs and shifter on that bike, but riding that thing was most fun any kid could ever have!

L.L.

'00 XR650R

'04 KX500

'05 DR650SE

"He had the bike sideways" ...I used to do that on my Dad's XL350 :D:D . Then one day he caught me pinning it and I had an XL175 a few days later. :eek: I love riding with my kids. :D