HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamahakid1

yz250f rush like a 125 or better

7 posts in this topic

i am at a stand still about which bike i want to get i was sure it was the 426 but people have said the 250f is a huge rush when you hit midrange. so is it like a 125 feel or more than that. dune riding and trail riding will be where i am mostly at. oh yea i am 140lbs but built. sorry if it seems like im bragging.

The 250F is lame in the power department. I must admit I have only ridden a 426 for about 10 minutes, and have the same amount of experience on the 250f.

the 426 will blow a 250f out of the water when it comes to "the hit".

Weird, you ride your 426 in the ocean? What type of ski's are you using?

i am at a stand still about which bike i want to get i was sure it was the 426 but people have said the 250f is a huge rush when you hit midrange. so is it like a 125 feel or more than that. dune riding and trail riding will be where i am mostly at. oh yea i am 140lbs but built. sorry if it seems like im bragging.

It's not a huge rush, the new YZ125 has more of a rush with its close-ratio six-speed.

This post scares me. I've decided to go from my 2002 Yz426 to a 2006 250F for next year. I hope I dont miss the 426 power that much. :D

..... I know Im not going to miss he weight and engine braking. :D

My girlfriend rides a 250f and it is hard to ride in compared to my 450. It feels like a gutless wonder in comparison and constantly having to down shift and clutch... :D it's almost like being back on a 2-smoke. Admittedly I weigh in about 240-250lbs, but there is no question, the 450 is a powerful machine!