HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
426boy

teraflex tire?

10 posts in this topic

hey guys i was looking at the teraflex tire and thinking about getting one for my 426 but i was wondering if any of u guys run them and wat u think of them i just want a tire that will last longer than 2 rides. i ride hardpack trails,logging roads,and stuff of that nature i dont race or ride tracks so if any of u guys have any comments or sugestions that would be great thanks

:D

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin? :D

Two of the guys I ride with use a Teraflex. One is CR500 geared down for trail riding and crazy hill climbing. It's an awesome combo if you can handle the power of that bike. The other is a KTM 300 EXC. The bike can climb like crazy now through the forrest but my buddy thinks it's too much tire for the bike. He's gonna go with the smaller T-flex next time. My WR450 still rides on the stock Dunlops and are wearing down quickly. I'm torn between buying the smaller T-flex or getting an IT tire from Maxxis or Michelin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_n_blue_thumper

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin?

No, it is one of the Made In USA ones, 140/80. I tried to sell it to a guy tonight, and he wouldnt believe me it only had 4 rides on it. He did say he only runs about 6-8 psi in his though. Maybe I will let some air out of her.

thanks i still dont no if i want to try one though, some guys say that the hate them and there crap and others say that they love them then theres all the usa china crap i think i might be beter off with a maxxis or something thanks for the replys

Yeah, I know its tuff to sort out. Everyone has there own opinions/experiences. I kinda feel like the odd one, not liking the Terraflex. Most guys love them, ALOT. Thats usually how shizit works for me :D . Do the opposite of my dumb azz and youll be fine :D:D .

I looked into getting a Terraflex but decided to use the Maxxis IT. I don't think you can beat the price, reliability (wear) and availability. The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.

The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.
I am quite sure it is not the whopping 19.5 lbs that the TerraFlex 140/80 is. :D