teraflex tire?

hey guys i was looking at the teraflex tire and thinking about getting one for my 426 but i was wondering if any of u guys run them and wat u think of them i just want a tire that will last longer than 2 rides. i ride hardpack trails,logging roads,and stuff of that nature i dont race or ride tracks so if any of u guys have any comments or sugestions that would be great thanks

:D

Do a search. Some guys were talking about them a few months back...SC

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

I have four rides on mine and its looking thrashed. I am terribly dissapointed in it. I was all happy to get one of the 'old style' ones, and its not all I was hoping for. Going back to the M5B next.

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin? :D

Two of the guys I ride with use a Teraflex. One is CR500 geared down for trail riding and crazy hill climbing. It's an awesome combo if you can handle the power of that bike. The other is a KTM 300 EXC. The bike can climb like crazy now through the forrest but my buddy thinks it's too much tire for the bike. He's gonna go with the smaller T-flex next time. My WR450 still rides on the stock Dunlops and are wearing down quickly. I'm torn between buying the smaller T-flex or getting an IT tire from Maxxis or Michelin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by black_n_blue_thumper

Was it made in China by Cheng Shin?

No, it is one of the Made In USA ones, 140/80. I tried to sell it to a guy tonight, and he wouldnt believe me it only had 4 rides on it. He did say he only runs about 6-8 psi in his though. Maybe I will let some air out of her.

thanks i still dont no if i want to try one though, some guys say that the hate them and there crap and others say that they love them then theres all the usa china crap i think i might be beter off with a maxxis or something thanks for the replys

Yeah, I know its tuff to sort out. Everyone has there own opinions/experiences. I kinda feel like the odd one, not liking the Terraflex. Most guys love them, ALOT. Thats usually how shizit works for me :D . Do the opposite of my dumb azz and youll be fine :D:D .

I looked into getting a Terraflex but decided to use the Maxxis IT. I don't think you can beat the price, reliability (wear) and availability. The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.

The only drawback I've found is that it seems to be heavier than most tires which isn't a problem for trails.
I am quite sure it is not the whopping 19.5 lbs that the TerraFlex 140/80 is. :D