Any new info on the 06 450's

I guess I am mostly interested if they are suffering frame rigidity issues. It seems the 05's suffered vertical rigidity problems, the new bike sounds awesome has everything yamaha needed to do to it, but I am not sold till i hear about how it feels.. I get enough feedback from my bike now.. I dont really want any more ;-)

"MXA Testing of the 2006 YZ 450

The testing has finally come back on Yamaha's introduction of the revamped YZ450F. We were excited to hear that Yamaha had lowered and changed the angle of the 450's power plant and creating a lower center of gravity. During our testing all four of our riders (who also did the '05 testing) were in agreement that that the motor was very strong and smooth in it's power delivery, but a little more difficult to turn then in previous years. The only reason we could come up with was that the centrifugal force produced by the piston's rotating mass had been redirected and this caused a shift in how the bike reacted to quick turning situations. Although it was not a big difference, it was a bit of a disappointment.

The new frame was the next item of interest by both our staff and we are sure the readers agree. The new aluminum frame had made an outstanding debut with the '05 YZ250 two-stroke and we expected to see no difference here. Our riders took the bike through a rigorous three-day abuse session and not to discount a couple of decent wipeouts. The frame had performed well and did so with an excellent feel all around the track. Our only complaint was after the riding tests were complete and the bikes were cleaned and inspected, we found a small hairline crack in the weld around the right foot peg mount. Now of course, we expect that this is an isolated incident and that this is not a usual occurrence, but it also made us wonder- is the Quality Control division at Yamaha slipping?

Our last item was to let you know that I was just kidding and I am just as anxious as all of you to hear something about the bike. "

Not sure how many times i have said this, but here goes. If you buy a first year model bike, such as the '03 yz450, '02 crf450, '06yz450 etc......Then you are the tester, you can expect issues, sometimes big ('02 crf filter,valves,linkage) some times small ('03yz450 clutch). But dont expect a perfect bike, thats the bike after the first production year. I would never, ever, never, ever, never buy a first year bike, unless you are rich and can buy a bike every year. :D

There will be issues with the '06yz450, and the '07 will be the BOMB. Dont be a tester......

The testing has finally come back on Yamaha's introduction of the revamped YZ450F. We were excited to hear that Yamaha had lowered and changed the angle of the 450's power plant and creating a lower center of gravity. During our testing all four of our riders (who also did the '05 testing) were in agreement that that the motor was very strong and smooth in it's power delivery, but a little more difficult to turn then in previous years. The only reason we could come up with was that the centrifugal force produced by the piston's rotating mass had been redirected and this caused a shift in how the bike reacted to quick turning situations. Although it was not a big difference, it was a bit of a disappointment.

The new frame was the next item of interest by both our staff and we are sure the readers agree. The new aluminum frame had made an outstanding debut with the '05 YZ250 two-stroke and we expected to see no difference here. Our riders took the bike through a rigorous three-day abuse session and not to discount a couple of decent wipeouts. The frame had performed well and did so with an excellent feel all around the track. Our only complaint was after the riding tests were complete and the bikes were cleaned and inspected, we found a small hairline crack in the weld around the right foot peg mount. Now of course, we expect that this is an isolated incident and that this is not a usual occurrence, but it also made us wonder- is the Quality Control division at Yamaha slipping?

Our last item was to let you know that I was just kidding and I am just as anxious as all of you to hear something about the bike. "

I have to admit you got me! pretty good, well I am still waiting for some info!!! and yes I will buy the new one even if there are some issues.

You don't realize how depressed I was getting... :D