Powercore 4 or Dr. D for 05 WR. Which would you pick?

My bike breathes sooooo well with the powercore 4 that I can't imagine there is one pipe that fits those high revving yammies better.... It is quite loud but still acceptable.... you can buy a quiet insert if you need to ride in some places where the sound level is an issue. Bolt the isert on or off with only 3-4 screws. Plus, my PC4 has a spark arrester and is light as a feather. I love it.

I 2nd the above reply...the Dr.D is "made" for yamaha's.

I'm sure Doug knows Yamaha bikes very very well. I personnally have DrD aftermarket stuffs on my bike. Nevertheless, if I remember correctly the Powercore 4 was also specially made for yamaha bikes. I've always thought it was developped by FMF based on the 98 YZ400f response.

i just ordered a FMF powercore4 for mine from ebay. it should be here very soon. i will keep you posted. cost $400US for the full powerbomb titatium system incl shipping to Australia with FMF Jet kit. :D

sounds awfully cheap.

whats the ebay store/item number?

Well ive personally bought the DR D and love the power it brought to my Wr450.I did alot of research and most articles in the mags put the DR D up at the top of the HP ratings and rideable performance.Fit was perfect other than loosening the head pipe to change the oil on the Wr over the stock head pipe.I recommended DR D to a riding buddy with a crf250 if it does for the Honda what it did for the Yamaha he will be happy.oh yeah one more thing the price it was cheaper than the other pipes,hmmn thats the frosting.I would definately buy again...Russ

I just put the Yoshimura Carbon fiber on my 05 450, she's got a lot more grunt now!

I raced a KTM LC4 640 and a KTM 450exc today with the new YOSH carbon fiber on. Beat them both, not once, not twice, but 3 times! (drag race 1/4 mile). I did not get the chance for a top speed race, but before I put the YOSH on, I was getting beat by the 450 at 97mph.

Well I ended up ordering the Dr. D. I was concerned about the noise of the Powercore and if you have to put an insert in it to quiet it down whats the point. Thanks for the advice and hopefully I will like the Dr. D.

I see you already ordered the DR D, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on my current PC4 SA. The performance is great but it basically has fallen apart. A couple of months after I bought it it developed a crack almost all the way around where the mid pipe is welded to the front of the can. I had a welder who I work with fix it, he filled in the valley around the mid pipe junction and it looked like it would be bulletproof. Well, I went to repack it about a month ago and the crack was back, all along the outside of the weld :D and to add insult to injury the square perforated core had completely broken into two pieces at the midpoint of the can. I've also had a problem with the spark arrestor screen falling apart. What a POS. I'm probably not going to be buying anymore FMF pipes. BTW, I tried the quiet core insert and it was horrible. My WR450 felt like a glorified 250.

I think my next pipe is going to be a Yoshimura Comp series with the TEC insert, it looks like a better design. Anybody have any feedback on this setup?

I see you already ordered the DR D, but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents on my current PC4 SA. The performance is great but it basically has fallen apart. A couple of months after I bought it it developed a crack almost all the way around where the mid pipe is welded to the front of the can. I had a welder who I work with fix it, he filled in the valley around the mid pipe junction and it looked like it would be bulletproof. Well, I went to repack it about a month ago and the crack was back, all along the outside of the weld :D and to add insult to injury the square perforated core had completely broken into two pieces at the midpoint of the can. I've also had a problem with the spark arrestor screen falling apart. What a POS. I'm probably not going to be buying anymore FMF pipes. BTW, I tried the quiet core insert and it was horrible. My WR450 felt like a glorified 250.

I think my next pipe is going to be a Yoshimura Comp series with the TEC insert, it looks like a better design. Anybody have any feedback on this setup?

I have a FMF Gnarley on my CR500, it's holding up well. However the Turbine Core 2 silencer is a POS, maybe they are trying to squeeze all the profit out of there products by using cheaper manufaturing methods or something. I will never buy FMF again.