Acerbis Tank Installed (Photos)

Okay, I installed the Acerbis tank last week and said I'd post a pic or two.....so here what it looks like from the left side:

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43362881&Sequence=0&res=med

Closer look same side

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43362890&Sequence=0&res=med

This shot shows the opening to reach the choke and hot start - access to the choke is somewhat restricted - but not too bad

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43362897&Sequence=0&res=med

Here is the right side

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43362905&Sequence=0&res=med

This is the trick machined inlet that can be changed over to a dry-break

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43363129&Sequence=0&res=med

Overall the fit and finish is excellent! Tomorrow I ride the thing ?

I don't know how this would compare to a competing aftermarket tank.....but the change from stock WR is WONDERFUL! The tank is advertised as 3.2 gal, and that seems about right. I've added a pic that shows the tank seat junction better - but the tank is not much wider than the seat at the junction, it does get alittle wider up near the cap but I never noticed that when riding. I could easily move up to the tip of the seat and not feel like I was sitting on a barrel - in fact - I think my knee was getting forced out be the raditor shrouds I was so far forward. The WR handles much better when you get your weight out over the front tire (even as slow as I go).

Interference when standing - I didn't know the tank was there when standing - none at all.

The only thing that I worry about with this tank is the extension above the front of the seat around/under the cap - I just know what part of my body is going to contact that someday ?

I haven't tried to check the oil level yet - I'll let you know how that works out.

Here is a picture that shows the seat/tank junction better.....if you want a better shot....let me know.

View?u=188546&a=11752695&p=43363137&Sequence=0&res=med

I have the Acerbis tank too...it's held up great. The fit/finish is fantastic, no complaints at all.

I dont even feel it when Im riding. Last weekend when racing a fast kid around the motocross track, I would come flying up to the berm, slide my butt forward all the way up to the tank and shazam!!! The bike cornered like it was on a rail.

I was really impressed with the difference in handling with this tank...I'd reccomend it to anyone.

Its sad, but the first thing I noticed in this picture was the Dillon in the background!

?

------------------

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

JJ - When I first looked at the picture, I noticed my darline bride (of course ? )! Good call on the Dillon (a model 650 BTW) I wondered how many would pick that out....

[This message has been edited by Michael (edited 03-12-2001).]

Hey Micheal, If my Dillon wasn't BLUE I wouldn't own it :D :D ?:D :D

Hey, I was wondering why you didn't choose the triple clamp mounts for your Cyrca guards?

------------------

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

I thought about the TC mounts - but I decided that the bar mounts were more flexible if I cut the length of my bars down, and I liked the degrees of freedom offered by the bar clamps. I'm not sure those were good reasons - cause the bar clamps do jam more things onto the bars - but that was my call. Oh well.....

Did you go with the TC mounts?

Sorry sirhk100 - I don't think people are ever "outcasts" for what they don't know - only for what you do (too deep and too OT a thought?? - maybe).

Brian has it correct - the blue thing that looks like a funnel in the air on top of my cluttered bench is a Dillon (brand name) 650 reloader. I use it to reload handgun ammo for target shooting. Since I shoot 250 to 500 rounds (mostly 45 ACP) each trip to the range, and I can reload the brass for about $.07/round (compared to $.25 to $.30/round to buy), I can afford to shoot and buy parts for my WR. At least that's what I tell my wife ?

That's what I thought you guys were talking about. I'm not too into guns but I have nothing against them in the right persons hand. An old neighbor used to be an avid hunter and he had something similar to that. I was much younger then a don't really remember a lot about it. Your bike looks really good. I usually don't like the looks of the large tanks on bikes but yours looks really good.

------------------

When in doubt, GAS IT!

No, I've got Acerbis Pro Rallys mounted up, hate em!

I've got a friend that has ordered the Cyrca Pro Bend w/ the triple clamp mounts, he's the guinea pig...

I sure like the idea.

------------------

Do a search on "Scott" and you'll find more reading than you can stand. These dampers are very nice....

The bars are Pro Taper CR High bend. they are oversized and required a new upper triple clamp - but they are very strong (and no cross bar). Mine are silver, but they also come in gold........I think that's all I know (not that that usually stops me ?).