HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sportbiker929

Will a 16 Tooth fit on a 650L

15 posts in this topic

I just put on a 16-tooth sprocket. It's not cush-drive (maybe its for an XR600R?). It's a tight fit, but it does fit.

my stock 15-tooth sprocket has some sort of rubber insert ... must be a cush-drive, of a sort Ive never seen before .. :D

Its not an insert, really, its a little rubber bonded to the sprocket to help quiet the noise of the chain- I think.

It might cushion things a tiny bit if it actually holds the chain rollers off the bottoms of the sprockets, but not by much.

Dave

Dave is right, it is simply for noise reduction. I doesn't reduce the load or wear on the sprocket/chain/countershaft whatsoever.

OK, thanks, I was trying to figure out what the heck it was ... duhhh, .. once again, modern technology jumps up to bite me in the butt :D

:D my last few bikes were chopped HD panheads and flatheads ... think the jump to Honda XRL wasn't a major culture shock ??? ......... :D

Id be very interested in your findings regarding the 16T.

I need higher gearing and would definately fit one if the chain doesnt rub the cases.

So was the conclusion on this that a 16 will fit? If so who makes a 16 that will fit the L? Has anyone actually put some miles on with that size?

where exactly would i go about finding a 16 toot front? i have never seen one!!!!!!!!! it would be great on the street.....totaly suck in the dirt.