Rekluse A-Clutch Questions

Yes, I've searched TT and looked at the website, but I'm still unclear as to what it actually does. I understand centrifugal clutches and realize that the throttle ultimately engages the clutch, but I would like some first hand knowledge.

1. When installed, do you need the lever at all?

2. Do you change gears without the clutch lever (I usually don't let off of throttle when changing gears unless down shifting, so I always use the clutch)

3. How much of an advantage do you have in the turns? When up or down shifting?

4. Does it feather properly for you?

5. Disadvantages?

Thanks, I know this is bit much, but TT is running kind of slow and it would take a while to find this searching.

Dang! Nobody use this thing?

I just put one in my buddys 03 yz450 he is new to riding and was having alot of trouble in the tight woods we ride in after I instaled the clutch he was keepin up with the rest of us ..I ripped it around and had a good time but i have no problem with my normal clutch so for me its not worth the money ....Anyway it works great and he is REAL happy with it

you have to remove your clutch cable unless you get the override kit witch lets you keep your clutch to use as normal..he didn't buy that kit...

bad things? you can't jump start your bike anymore and you have very little engine breaking to slow you down so you use the brakes alot more

hope it helped

It did answer a question that I didn't think to ask! thanks. :D

Yes, I've searched TT and looked at the website, but I'm still unclear as to what it actually does. I understand centrifugal clutches and realize that the throttle ultimately engages the clutch, but I would like some first hand knowledge.

1. When installed, do you need the lever at all?

2. Do you change gears without the clutch lever (I usually don't let off of throttle when changing gears unless down shifting, so I always use the clutch)

3. How much of an advantage do you have in the turns? When up or down shifting?

4. Does it feather properly for you?

5. Disadvantages?

Thanks, I know this is bit much, but TT is running kind of slow and it would take a while to find this searching.

1. You can still have a lever, I do, and it does override the auto clutch. Meaning if you want to dump the clutch in the middle of a corner you still can.

2. To up shift you have to let off slightly, or use the override lever. Down shifts are the same.

3. It won't help you turn, thats up to you. It will however, let you enter the corner without stalling and exit the corner with perfect traction.

4. Hell yes, everytime you twist the throttle it feeds power perfectly.

5. The only disadvantage is....once people at the track notice you have an auto clutch they all want to ride your bike or talk your ears off about it.

Seriously, the only disadvantage is they require some maintance from time to time (mostly keeping an eye on the installed gap)

I've got the Rekluse and have put many laps in and lots of trail riding on it, and it works great. I would recommend one to anybody.

That's exactly what I was looking for. I do appreciate it. :D

That's exactly what I was looking for. I do appreciate it. :D

Your welcome, if you have anymore questions just ask. :D

What 642MX said. :D

I've had mine since May and absolutely love it. The only other disadvantage I have found is the bike rolls even when in gear. This is only a problem if you ever need to park your bike on a hill.

The only time I use the clutch override on my bike is to put the bike in Nuetral. There is just enough drag when idling that I cannot find nuetral. Other than that The only time I use the clutch lever is when starting by bike (safety switch in lever for e-start)

I was a little sceptable about it at 1st. But after riding with it I love it. I find it does nothing for me on the MX track or on fast trails. But in tight technical trails it is awsome. Beyond awsome. Cant say enough good things about it in the tight nasty stuff. Turns a tortuous ride into a cake walk.

I do still have compression braking though. It depends on were in the RPM range you ride. I ride more in the midrange and you still have compression braking till you let the RPM drop enough for the clutch to disengage.

Another cool thing I can do now is a Wheeling 180deg turn in the trail. I never had the clutch control to do that before. Now just plant a foot, lean the bike and grab the throttle. Too easy.

The way I do tight turns (break slide, throttle out) I think this thing is gonna be the ticket.

The left hand rear brake is a great addition too!

The left hand rear brake is a great addition too!

Ohhhhhhh Yeah! Now yer talkin. I didn't even think about that.

Without the clutch override, how good is it on the gate?

Without the clutch override, how good is it on the gate?

I don't use my override on the gate. I just hold the front brake a little while giving it just enough gas to tighten the chain good, and wack the throttle wide open when it drops. I've never been worse than third in the first corner, most of the time I'm first. I race the +25 class and some of those guys are pretty aggressive from the start. Now if I could just stay out front after the first corner....... :D

I use the clutch over ride and on starts I get perfect 2nd gear starts. Depending on your sprocket size you could even get 3rd gear starts :D I'm always up front into the first corner because this thing works so well... best mod for my bike . I like the clutch override because during cross country races I can adjust it on the fly.

I also have the clutch override lever but I hardly every use it--I'll probably try the rear brake lever at some point. For my riding, trail riding and some play racing, the Rekluse totally rocks! It makes my 426 way eaiser to ride and I don't get stuck in tight stuff that used to drive me nuts. The other huge difference for me is cornering. I'm able to get on the gas sooner in the corner and power out without worrying about the rear end braking too far out. It's like havng a pro rider operate the clutch for you. I'd say that unless you're a pretty serious and pretty fast MXer, go for it, you'll love it.

A lot of great input here. I appreciate it. I'm sold too.

Is the rekluse A-clutch the same as the slipper clutch that SM bikes use, if not what are the differences?

a slipper clutch slips on hard decel,the rekluse operates the clutch just as the rider would(slipping to get going up to an adjustable engagement rpm,usually around 2k rpm) but much better. it also allows the lockup of the back brake with no stalling,i've had mine a year and still goin'strong :D

can it be adjusted to have little or no engine braking