Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FZ1426

426 Hotcams Update

8 posts in this topic

Just did the Hotcams Exhaust cam on the 426. OK, I know I'm always different than everyone else, but I kinda think the start drill was easier. :D Not to worry, it's a cool mod, less weight, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. I used to be able to start the thing in sandals, now it's boots only. All I can say at this point (a ride down the street) is I think it's a little quieter at low throttle, probably due to less duration, and smooth. It's certainly not more "finicky" like I thought it might be. Can't wait to let 'er rip. :D

It should start as easy if not easier than before. Make sure you are shimmed correctly.

It should start as easy if not easier than before. Make sure you are shimmed correctly.
Yeah but it's nice to be able to release the compression manually. I always kicked 'er through a few times released and it was so easy. Now it's almost as hard as my old CR500...Damn wish I still had that monster... :D But the 426 is much better on a track, read rideable...

Sounds like something may be binding. Did you lube the cam journals and caps well before re-installing them? There shouldn't be anywhere near the compression resistance now as there was prior to the mod. Re-check everything before starting your bike again.

its called... I have done the mod too and its VERY easy to start the bike since the mod. Take all these guys recomendations seriously and re-check everything as its not normal to be more difficult.

its called... I have done the mod too and its VERY easy to start the bike since the mod. Take all these guys recomendations seriously and re-check everything as its not normal to be more difficult.

ditto.