HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveWR450F

Went to Washougal yesterday . . .

5 posts in this topic

Girlfriend and I for the first time went to Washougal Washington yesteday to see the AMA National MX race. Met a lot of nice people and saw many "Thumpertalk" t-shirts on.

Did not get to see Bubba or Chad Reed (both injuried) but we definately saw RC race. He led 29 of the 30 laps he raced (2 motos) and no one even came closed. He really is that good.

Saw the new alum. YZ450F racing. Nice bikes. Out of seeing at least 100 bikes race, only 2 were 2 strokes. Great time.

We will definately go again next year!!!

I was there yesterday too. So much fun!!! I'm definitely going again next year!

Were you able to go into the pits? I couldn't tell if they were letting spectators into the pits or not.

I did not make it into the pits either but I learned that you can purchase an admission wrist band for $15. Most folks I talked with said if you go into the pits you need to be there when they open around 9 am. Vendors more willing to give you time and free stuff then. Once they start testing their bikes around 10:30 - 11, the free stuff is gone and they are busy.

I did not make it into the pits either but I learned that you can purchase an admission wrist band for $15. Most folks I talked with said if you go into the pits you need to be there when they open around 9 am. Vendors more willing to give you time and free stuff then. Once they start testing their bikes around 10:30 - 11, the free stuff is gone and they are busy.

Washougal was great. I got a chance to cruise the pits and was a little disappointed. There were not as many vendors as some of the Supercrosses I've been to, but with that said if was my first outdoor national and it was awesome.