HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skin290

03 YZ450, problem with rubbing knee raw

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had this problem? On my newly bought YZ 450, the junction between the radiator shroud and tank at the middle rib in the shroud is rubbing a sore the size of a quarter about 2" to the right of my left kneecap. It doesn't ever heal now, because it keeps getting ripped up, and I noticed that where the sore is, is exactly where the junction is. I don't wear knee braces or guards, but I tried to cut a sock and put the tube part of it over my knee and that didn't help, either. I was thinking just cover it in tape, but was wondering if it was something other people have had also.

Thanks

Has anyone else had this problem? On my newly bought YZ 450, the junction between the radiator shroud and tank at the middle rib in the shroud is rubbing a sore the size of a quarter about 2" to the right of my left kneecap. It doesn't ever heal now, because it keeps getting ripped up, and I noticed that where the sore is, is exactly where the junction is. I don't wear knee braces or guards, but I tried to cut a sock and put the tube part of it over my knee and that didn't help, either. I was thinking just cover it in tape, but was wondering if it was something other people have had also.

Thanks

Wear knee guards. A 2" sore is nothing. :D

I had that problem with my old 426. bought the knee guards you can just get some cheap ones. never had a problem since even on my 450

Thanks

At least ride with knee pads...knees are expensive to replace

I agree. Get yourself a pair of the plain old knee guards. I was getting a lot of bruising on the inside of both knees from gripping the tank. The knee guards took care of that problem.

If you insist on not wearing knee pads, you could (do it yourself or have someone do it) sew a small pad to the inside of your pants in the same spot. I like to have pads strategically placed in areas like this, cause I'm a big fat baby and I don't wike bwisters. :D:D

Ace hardware has some tile layer knee pads that are thick, medium density foam, are form fitting and non destructive to the graphics of the bike. That is what you need to for safety and comfort.

My problem is that my Asterisks are rubbing a spot the size of a dollar bill off of the tank graphics right at the same point. But I don't feel a thing. :D