CR M/C swap?

what model of the cr m/c is a simple swap of the 2000 yz426? is there one? do you have to swap brake lines + screws with the set up, possibly even the caliper? and how much of a difference does it really make. dont wanna waste 30$ on a rebuild kit if i can get a nice upgrade with a cr m/c off ebay for $30-40.

Basically any CR master cylinder works. I used one from a 2001 and it bolts right on.

The hose mounts on a different spot on the m/c, but my stock Yamaha line worked fine. My fastline brake line did as well.

By the way, the honda m/c rebuild kit works in the yamaha and costs a lot less.

The Honda unit is better than the Yamaha unit any day. I bought an 02 CRF 450 unit, but I think any of them from about 98 on up are the same. Do yourself a favor and get a CR style brake line as well and swap everything at once. Make sure the M/C you get has the perch screws with it, because the Yamaha ones are different and don't work, the banjo bolts will be fine though. Your stock caliper will be fine. Once your glad, enjoy the new brakes! It make a ton of difference and is definitely worth it.

The hose mounts on a different spot on the m/c, but my stock Yamaha line worked fine. My fastline brake line did as well.

I bought a used Yamaha CR-style Fastline brake line off Ebay when I did the swap, and it works but the fitting on the master cylinder is very close to the bars. The Honda line has a fitting that is bent on the m/c end to accomodate for the different mounting, while the Yamaha style line has a straight fitting. Maybe I just got an older style line, but it works regardless.