What's in your tool pack?

Ok here's a case for you. Riding a long way out in the woods, miles from where you started, and a minor crash leaves your water pump busted. What can be done with this scenario??

I think Scott has that covered

#14- TOW STRAP

Ok here's a case for you. Riding a long way out in the woods, miles from where you started, and a minor crash leaves your water pump busted. What can be done with this scenario??

Maybe some epoxy if its not completly busted, and carrying a couple coffee filters to filter what water you can find to replace what you lost.

Best thing if wearing riding boots is to carry a light pair of regular tennis shoes, in case one has to walk out.

Recently I have added a fair size medical kit to my neccesary tool carry list.

I lost the multi tool I've had for a few years a week ago:doh: It got ripped off my belt by something somewhere:banghead: I always carried on my side cause it was easy to get to, I think the new one will go in a bag.

For emergency use, I find the factory tool kit adequate for most things that can be repaired in the woods, add some large/small zip ties,tire irons/tubes and repair patches, multi tool, extra master link, spare spark plug, small roll of tape of choice, AA led maglight or dynamo powered light and I'm covered OK. Sometimes I carry a small whiskey flask filled with rubbing alcohol and a lighter or a magnesium bar with a striker for starting a fire for several reasons.

Anything that can be used to check oil, wipe hands or a$$, cause if a walk out is inevitable a raw crack would just make it that much harder:smirk:

A lot of whats been posted and...

Extra long bandana..that and a shin guard makes a good splint for broken bones.

"snap"Light stick

Extra headlight bulb.

A spare 2-s (B8ES)plug,cause if there is going to a fouled plug,it will always be someone on a 2-s that forgot to bring an extra plug!

small channel locks, a 7 in 1 screwdriver wire strippers and electrical tape

Keltec, smokes, lighter & multitool...learned it from the survivor guy on TV :smirk:

...oh and duct tape :thinking:

heheheee...

:smirk:

P.S. hollowpoints if i'm travel'n light

Keltec.........

Glad to see I'm not the only one who occassionaly packs while riding. I do a USP in a Bianchi UM82.:thinking:

9mm in the water bag! Hollow points to save weight! :thinking:

Keltec, smokes, lighter & multitool...learned it from the survivor guy on TV :smirk:

...oh and duct tape :thinking:

heheheee...

I thought you carried starbucks coffee credit cards and COOKIES!

I thought you carried starbucks coffee credit cards and COOKIES!

...cookies wud be gud! :thinking:

...or maybe sum :smirk: pies?

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/tools/view/folding_trail_t_handle_set/

I also carry most of the other stuff you guys listed and a spare counter shaft seal + snap ring and small snap ring pliers on the long rides. I prefer to use the small mountain bike hand pumps over the c02 one just so I don't run out of air. MSR makes the best tool packs that I've used too.

why do you need a gun to go riding? I own guns too but I'm not really too sure what you would use one for on a trail ride.

why do you need a gun to go riding? I own guns too but I'm not really too sure what you would use one for on a trail ride.

Why?

1. If I run up on a temporary meth lab set up in the forest.

2. May have to walk home some day and not everyone is a good guy

3. May have to sleep in the forest so it's nice to have a popper to scare off a bear, mountain lion or the worst of them, a pack of hungry coyotes

4. Cause I can

I carry a 9mm or a Keltec if I'm traveling light.

Why?

3. May have to sleep in the forest so it's nice to have a popper to scare off a bear, mountain lion or the worst of them, a pack of hungry coyotes

4. Cause I can

wsettle is absolutely justified in his reasons for choosing to carry, and I agree with them also. I admit though, that the times I've carried it's also to do a little plinking out in the back country. Why not combine two hobbies that I enjoy?

On another note, about 12 years ago I was doing some trail riding in the hills between Perris and Quail Valley, CA and stumbled across a dumping ground littered with hundreds of empty containers of cold medicine (Suphedrine?), some five gallon cans of some kind of chemical, and several one gallon jugs of bleach or something.

I ain't no rocket scientist, but I doubt someone was cookin' up a batch of oatmeal cookies with those ingredients.

Why?

4. Cause I can

Always the same questions. My brother and I ran into a meth lab camp when we were riding out in eastern OR, and I was REALLY glad I had my .45 with me. I'd add pissed-off/crazy ranchers/land-owners to that list too. A lot of the people I ride with here have had guns pulled on them.

I was just asking what you might be concerned with that would make you feel the need to carry. I would enjoy a little plinking out in the hills too but I like to set up things to shoot at so I haven't done it yet.

Keep in mind that you need a permit to carry in CA.

Keep in mind that you need a permit to carry in CA.

Depending on when, where and how you're carrying, no you don't.