white bros airbox vents

IMO, the unmodified YZ450 air box allows plenty of air into the air filter as is, and attempts to increase airflow at that point are a basic waste of time and money, and risk compromising the design's ability to exlcude dirt and water. The filter element is the most restrictive component in the air path, including the screen. I'm open minded, though, and if someone has dyno results showing otherwise, I'd be curious.

Are you saying you don't oil your filters? How exactly do you expect them to catch anything?

BTW, foam filters don't stop water, oiled or otherwise.

AIR BOX VENTS MAN!!! and yes filter oil does too repel water, put a layer on your hands and submerge em, when ya take em out the water will just bead off.

peace out

--Denny

AIR BOX VENTS MAN!!! and yes filter oil does too repel water, put a layer on your hands and submerge em, when ya take em out the water will just bead off.

peace out

--Denny

Just like it beads off a foam filter and is sucked through the same holes the air goes through. :D

OMG! I never knew that. :D

Nevertheless, water goes straight through a foam element. No matter what you put on it, short of a plastic bag.

yes it will if you get that much water into the air box, never the less water will always find its way into something you dont want it to be.