horsepower

it ranges from a dismal plugged up 39 to a full factory race low 60+...

most guys on here are in the low to mid forties with a few up around 50-55.

hey Jackattack--ever here that new chemical brothers tune...."press the button" ? Just curious...

My '95 650L is totally stock, but desmogged. It has over 50,000 miles and is probably putting out a whopping 20hp.. It still has about 500,000 ft/lbs of torque though :D I go from 0-60 mph in 28 seconds, but can pull a loaded freight train......

Naw... My '95 feels every bit as powerful as a stock desmogged 2005 XR650L. Just a lot more noises coming from the engine!! :D

My '95 650L is totally stock, but desmogged. It has over 50,000 miles and is probably putting out a whopping 20hp.. It still has about 500,000 ft/lbs of torque though :D I go from 0-60 mph in 28 seconds, but can pull a loaded freight train......

Naw... My '95 feels every bit as powerful as a stock desmogged 2005 XR650L. Just a lot more noises coming from the engine!! :D

Some people pay alot of money for a Ducatti just to get that engine noise.

The exhaust noise is low. I have the stock muffler. I like the quiet exhaust.

To get the extra "noises" from my engine, I simply let it burn away all of it's oil a few times. Not on puropse, I was racing. It was HOT!! The noise could be from the cam chain tensioner sprage gear being out again, or something more serious :D . It has been making the same noises since about 29,000 miles. I figure that when it finally goes out, I'll just order a new engine.

I don't need no Desmodromic valves to make funny engine noises :D:D