Anyone know how to sound test?

I posted a thread like this in General, and nobody responded. Does anyone that's been checked by a ranger for decibel level know the correct way for measuring the sound level? I found a couple answers online, but I'm not sure if they vary. I have a cell phone with a decible meter on it and I wanted to make sure my WR was at the claimed 96db for when I do eventually ride a sound restricted area.

Here's about all I could find online. Just wondering if this is correct for riding areas everywhere? I see this says 106db, so I'm assuming this is old, but the procedure for measuring the sound should still be accurate. I just want to do my small part to keep some trails open. I've had two close on me in the last year and frankly that sucks ass. So me being a little more quiet is a small price to pay. Stealth is always cooler anyways. :D :D

266:59-a Motorcycle Noise Levels. –

I. No person shall operate a motorcycle which has a measured noise level of more than 106 decibels on the decibel meter when measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe at a 45 degree angle while the engine is operating at 2,800 revolutions per minute for one and 2 cylinder motorcycles and 3,500 revolutions per minute for any motorcycle with 3 or more cylinders.

II. No person shall pass for the purposes of the inspection required by RSA 266:1 any motorcycle which has a measured noise level of more than 106 decibels on the decibel meter when measured 20 inches from the exhaust pipe at a 45 degree angle while the engine is operating at 2,800 revolutions per minute for one and 2 cylinder motorcycles and 3,500 revolutions per minute for any motorcycle with 3 or more cylinders.

II-a. No person shall operate in this state any motorcycle which produces a sound level in excess of 106 decibels on the A scale, when measured in accordance with the provisions of the Society of Automotive Engineers Recommended Practice ANSI/SAE J-1287 annual report on "Measurement of Exhaust Sound Levels of Stationary Motorcycles."

III. Any person who violates the provisions of this section shall be guilty of a violation.

I think in Michigan it is no more than 94db. I also think I remember the 05WR is supposed to be 86 stock and my PMB insert says it will be 96. I'm street licensed and never been checked.

I cant belive your allowed up to 106Db. I dont think you could make a bike thast loud. I run a FMF Powercore4 with the quiet core insert and its only 94 Db. If your stock, it will be 80 something. I had a PMB insert before the powercore4 and it was 91 db. Sounds like you will be ok.

Thanks Blue One. That's what I was looking for. :D