Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biznet1

Back surgery, C5 T1

10 posts in this topic

Recovering from a Laminectomy of the C5 T1. Anyone else out there that's had back surgery after that big triple? If so, how well did you recover? Are you still riding? How has it affected you? I'm bored stiff (literally) and I've replied to about every post I can reply to, so I thought I would start my own thread.

I hope the healing goes well.There is a guy a know that just broke his back.He is in a brace now and his hopeing to have no surgury.He told us probably september of next year he will be able to ride again.

Eeeeeck! Did he break it riding? I believe I would have some difficulty riding after something like that.

Both parents had surgery. Mom has had 3 first the last one didn't get to completly heal beacause of an unexpected pregnacy and needs yet another. I see them as a waste of money because they have yet to really "fix" her back but hey at least it keeps her medicated. Dad had one bout 4 yrs ago and can get around trails on my yz450f not the quickest but fast enough to enjoy it. No he can't race he says it hurts him too much. He's 37 also. hey welcome to the injured side... waiting for surgery on my knee and been doing the same thing you have...acl and pcl torn. Get well soon.

Backs are a problem. I compressed L2 (squashed the front side of it). No surgery. It's never been quite the same, but I ride nonetheless, and I don't have much pain from it, really.

But the thing I suggest is to find a good sports med clinic and explain that you want to know how, as an athlete, you should rehab your injury. The run-of-the-mill PT's can't really get you there.

Thanks grey. Good advice.

My insurance is good, but for some reason it's lacking on rehabilitation. It's a tough decision....Bike stuff.....therapy.....bike stuff.....therapy......lifetime of good health..ok..........But then there's bike stuff :D

I broke my back about 2 1/2 years ago now on my old cr250 jumping our 85ft double out at out practice track. I compressed L1 L2 and now have 2 9in rods and 14 screws from T11-L4. I still race and i am curently a fulltime firefighter/emt, so i think its all in determination of what you can and cant do :D . Glad to hear you are recovering and hope all goes well! Definatly dont skip out on physical therapy!!!! its a life saver

I broke my back about 2 1/2 years ago now on my old cr250 jumping our 85ft double out at out practice track. I compressed L1 L2 and now have 2 9in rods and 14 screws from T11-L4. I still race and i am curently a fulltime firefighter/emt, so i think its all in determination of what you can and cant do :D . Glad to hear you are recovering and hope all goes well! Definatly dont skip out on physical therapy!!!! its a life saver

It's a small world. There is a Paramedic where I work that broke his back with similar results as yours from motocross. Needless to say, he's not riding anymore and he had to retire. We have a family member that's a PT so I'll be working with her. With all of the hardware in your back, it's hard to believe that you're still racing (and my wife calls ME stubbornass). Mine really seems to be healing well. It's only been a week and I only have some muscle pain now. I guess with all of that hardware you had a dipstick installed too? :D

It's a small world. There is a Paramedic where I work that broke his back with similar results as yours from motocross. Needless to say, he's not riding anymore and he had to retire. We have a family member that's a PT so I'll be working with her. With all of the hardware in your back, it's hard to believe that you're still racing (and my wife calls ME stubbornass). Mine really seems to be healing well. It's only been a week and I only have some muscle pain now. I guess with all of that hardware you had a dipstick installed too? :D

I have come to learn that it is definatly a small world! Honestly my back only hurts when i try to sleep at night or after a full weekend of racing or hard physical work. But i try to stay in pretty good shape and that helps me out alot also! Did i mention that they are 2 9" rods made of bling titanium

:D

I have come to learn that it is definatly a small world! Honestly my back only hurts when i try to sleep at night or after a full weekend of racing or hard physical work. But i try to stay in pretty good shape and that helps me out alot also! Did i mention that they are 2 9" rods made of bling titanium

:D

Definately cool! You should ask your doctor to sponsor you and put his sticker on your bike!