I need Stabilizer help big time!

Okay please read carefully. I seem to get a lot of people answering me but not answering my question directly.

I am in the market for a stabilizer for my 01' XR650R. I don't want it on the front fender, I don't want to change the triple clamp, I don't want to change my stock bars, and I don't want to block or change out my oil temp-dip stick.

Can someone come up with a setup of Scott's, GPR or someone who has a kit to meet this simple request? It doesn't seem like this should be a big deal but I have search everywhere and I can't find it. Pictures would help tremendously if you have something.

Please Help!

Thanks,

I am in the market for a stabilizer for my 01' XR650R. I don't want it on the front fender, I don't want to change the triple clamp, I don't want to change my stock bars, and I don't want to block or change out my oil temp-dip stick.

Not going to happen :D you will have to change something or use the scotts dip stick mount. good luck :D

Can I ask why you dont want to change anything???????

Yes it is going to happen. GPR has the setup your looking for, I have one on my XR650R. Didn't change the Triple clamp. They send you everything you need and it does not use your oil fill hole. The post is forward mounted to the steering stem. :D

Pics?? what does the gpr mount to???

Yes it is going to happen. GPR has the setup your looking for, I have one on my XR650R. Didn't change the Triple clamp. They send you everything you need and it does not use your oil fill hole. The post is forward mounted to the steering stem. :D

Scott's Has The Same Setup :D:D

Yes it is going to happen. GPR has the setup your looking for, I have one on my XR650R. Didn't change the Triple clamp. They send you everything you need and it does not use your oil fill hole. The post is forward mounted to the steering stem.

Old Man Time can you please get me some pictures of that? Or point me to somewhere that I can see exactly what you are talking about? :D

here is my 2 cents-

The scotts has the same setup and is a better damper, yes i own and have riden both.

My GPR which i currently run on my 650R has issues with pinching the clutch and decomp cable so i had to re-route them in slightly less than ideal routing.

I FULLY recomend the Scotts bolt on setup.

Like i said I am running the GPR right now and am not happy with it. ITs just tooo bad i have to spend 130$ on the mounting kit.

Mike

what about the W.E.R. dampers ? are they any good ?? .. I don't mind mounting it down on the lower triple clamp, so that part of it is no big deal ..

Hello yall, I too have been running the GPR and also have had the cable problem, not to mention the arm break once and the post break once, both in seperate races. Try flogging the 650 around with no stabalizer, huh, not fun. My latest fix, was going to the RTT setup, much better, no cable issues and with a set of fat bars it cleans the normally congested area up real nice like. Alittle pricey, but worth not having it fail again at a bad time. Don't get me wrong tho, I'm not bad mouthing the GPR, great product for the price and the average weekend rider cant go wrong with it.

www.gpr-products.com or www.rttmotorsports.com :D