offset clamps

put on my Emig Racing 22.7 mm offset clamps today. quality stuff,craftsmanship and strength second to none ? the first ride was kinda strange,almost worse! but once i got used to the front tire sticking where you put it and actually going around the corners instead of wrestling it thru,its just short of amazing. the new offset reminds me of my old xr600 but with better suspension,which is ok because i loved my 600. i was worried at speed it might headshake, but its actually more stable :applause: i ain't gonna argue with it if it works. the emigs also have about a inch more turning radius between the locks,gotta love that for the really tight stuff. the rubber mounting system is very stout also,it has single 12mm bolts,and only the top has the rubber grommet,so the bolt head tightens against the bottom of the clamp up thru about 3/4" aluminum and then in thru the grommet on top of the clamp under the mounts. the mounts are connected with a very HD rectangular top plate eliminating any twist. i think the bars would bend before these do,it's just a matter of time before that theory gets tested :eek: for anyone running tight HS or enduro kinda stuff looks like the offset might be the way to go. i'll give it a proper thrashin' sunday and report back ?

I am with you on the modified offset. I doubt Yamaha would have been changing frames if they would have tried it. I know they tried it. The facotry YZ's have ran this offset for years. I wish they would have produced it. Maybe they let their fork valving guy choose the tripleclamps....

2mm's does not sound like much, but it makes all the difference in the world. The YZ's feel similar to Suzuki RM's with the change.

If you get the chance, try your bike at high speed. I know the modified clamps make a person think the bike would be scary, but it is anything but. Mine has no headshake. It may even feel more stable that it was in stock condition.

The 2mm less offset is especially cool on the WR models of the bike. It makes then feel lighter.

I am with you on the modified offset. I doubt Yamaha would have been changing frames if they would have tried it. I know they tried it. The facotry YZ's have ran this offset for years. I wish they would have produced it. Maybe they let their fork valving guy choose the tripleclamps....

2mm's does not sound like much, but it makes all the difference in the world. The YZ's feel similar to Suzuki RM's with the change.

If you get the chance, try your bike at high speed. I know the modified clamps make a person think the bike would be scary, but it is anything but. Mine has no headshake. It may even feel more stable that it was in stock condition.

The 2mm less offset is especially cool on the WR models of the bike. It makes then feel lighter.

dude its like it was on rails,i totally remodeled my test track in a hour,the lines changed to the inside by a foot or two! i think the reason it felt strange at first because i was trying to follow the old lines,it just eats up the inside effortlessly now. like you said 2mm isn't much but it translates BIG :D i was actually yelling holy $hit, stopping and shaking my head in disbelief,its so much better. suspension even feels better(went in two on rebound,in one on compression on the forks. and out one on rebound in the rear to balance it up) the whole package is better for it. do you run a damper with yours? i have yet to install my WER as i wanted to see how it worked out first,and judging from the feel so far its smoother on the rip rap and does not feel as though i need it,i may put it on to see but am afraid it'll slow down my newfound steering quickness. whats your thoughts on that RC?

""""i was actually yelling holy $hit, stopping and shaking my head in disbelief"""

I did the ame thing. I was following a fast kid on a KX 65. I was able to turn inside of him. I could not believe it. I thought about upgrading the bike to something newer, but now I will buy something from 03 or older just to use these clamps.

I have not used a damper or anything like it. I am sure it would be wonderful, but I have not tried one.

Mountain Man. This is interesting. Could you provide a web link for this product? My only compaint with my YZ is turning, and I've tried everything but this.

Revised: I found the website, but they don't list prices. Do you mind telling me how they are?

I found my Tag clamps on ebay for 249.00 including oversized Tag bars. It was a heck of a deal. Siesmic Cycles was the company selling them.

I think the emig stuff is better, but for the price I settled for less....

Thanks guys. I actually have my bike for sale on Ebay to save for the 06 450. But, I won't be dissapointed if I don't sell it, except that I would like to make it turn better at the least. It looks as if these bikes a drawing a lot less money than they were even a couple of months ago, so I may not get what I'm asking. Mine is not that much heavier, but it seems that the new designed COG and weight distribution on the 06 is probably going to suit me well. I will do my comparison shopping with this input. Thanks.

Applied Racing and RG3 both make a set around 23mm, but only for the '04/'05 ('06?). There are none that I know of for the smaller 46mm forks on the '03 and back.

Emig has them for the 46's, i know because i'm running 46's on my 05 :D they are the only ones i could find that fit the 03,but i gotta say they are probly the best quality,maybe even as good or better than the rg3's :D

Mountain man,

Am I correct to assume that you have to buy upper and lower combo to get the modified rake? BTW, is that you in the avatar? If so, you don't fit the profile of your run of the mill motocrosser, more like a harley rider. That's cool :D

Mountain man,

Am I correct to assume that you have to buy upper and lower combo to get the modified rake? BTW, is that you in the avatar? If so, you don't fit the profile of your run of the mill motocrosser, more like a harley rider. That's cool :eek:

yes you need the upper and lower,they give you everything you need for the $459(stem,bearing,clamps,mounts and hardware :D ya thats me,i run HS,i'm too gravitationally challenged for MX :D i just dialed this thing in some more,i posted in the "offset with storm link" its awesome :D we'll be going to "the ridge" in late oct how far from there are you biz?

I don't think it's too far. I do like to woods ride too though. What's it like? We've got a woods trail here called Kentuck in Cheaha National Park. It's about 23 miles through the woods and it's a blast. The only thing I don't like about it, is that it's two way traffic and it's a little too dangerous to really open it up. I have on occassion done that, and came head on with a few 4 wheelers. Also, if it gets even a little rain it's extremely slippery.