HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
August

650R stock wheel size??

8 posts in this topic

Sorry for the stupid question, but I found nothing when I did a search...what are the stock sizes of the XR650R wheels? I have an 01 that has wheels that are stamped DOT and a Front that is 1.60 and a Rear that is 2.15! :applause: Is this correct, and stock wheel sizes, seems small.

Thanks!

August;

the #s 1.60 and 2.15 refer to the rim widths. Whatever tires you mount would have to be tires consistent with 21x1.60 in the front, and 18x2.15 in the rear.

Regards,

Cowboy

21" 100-90 front.

18" 120/80 rear.

Not sure if that is stock. But thats what you should ask for when buying replacement tires...

We are running 80/100 to 100/100 X 21 (3.00 X 21) and 140/80 to 100 X 17 (5.60 X 17) on the rear..Of course you would use 140/80 to 100 X 18 (5.60 X 18) if you have an 18" rear rim.Your only concern is swing arm clearance. A 140/80 is a lower profile tire than a 140/100

21" 100-90 front.

18" 120/80 rear.

Not sure if that is stock. But thats what you should ask for when buying replacement tires...

If I remember correctly the ones that came stock on mine were 110/100 rear and 100/90 front. Not 100% sure on the front though.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the replys!! The reason I ask is I thought the wheels seemed kinda small (widths), I know it is 21 front and 18 rear. So, I had my local Moto guy order me up some tires and mount them, he gives me a great deal and I needed some next day as I am leaving tommorow for a week long camping/riding trip in the Sierra's!

He said he had kind of a bear getting them on, I had him install heavy duty tubes, so maybe that was part of it, but the tires sizes are...Front 80/100-21 and the rear is a 120/100-18 they are Dunlop 739's....are these going to be a problem, the rear seems like it should be on a wider rim...but dont people run the 140 Terra-flex on these stock wheels??? Sorry for the confusiuon!!