HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MisterMan

Boots making frame ulgy.....found an solution

23 posts in this topic

The frame where the boots constantly rub was starting to look like crap so I decided to do something about it.

2005_0728new4262222220012.jpg

2005_0728new4262222220011.jpg

2005_0728new4262222220010.jpg

Guess what I used, and ITS NOT PAINT!!!!....even gas wont kill this stuff!!!

and yes you can buy this stuff in the stores, altho minors may not be able (not too sure)

:applause: have phun,

--Denny

I seriously doubt that masking tape is going to stay on there long enough to protect anything. One, maybe two washes tops...

:eek:

Good idea man. Be sure to post pics after you get the masking off so we can see the finished product. I wear leather boots that don't seem to scratch the frame up much anyway. I'm almost embarrassed at how nice my bike still looks. :applause:

I was looking at doing the same thing cause I've worn through the carbon fiber frame guards I have. Wrooster the stuff you used looks a little thin... I was looking at something like the rhino lining stuff.

I like to use strips of clear number plate background. It holds up extremely well and is hardly noticeble.

I bought some nice frame gaurds as well. I dont think Id be too quick to get out the bedliner personally, but hey -its your bike and I cant see it from my house! The clear strips from 3m are also a good choice if the bike is brand new.

I'm hoping if I ride enough I'll get that "factory Pro works look" by just wearing all the paint off :D just kidding

It looks so hideous....I just cant bring myself to do it. I dont really mind the look of some bare steel. I think it looks better than a frame that is 1/4 black and the rest blue. Eew.

It looks so hideous....I just cant bring myself to do it. I dont really mind the look of some bare steel. I think it looks better than a frame that is 1/4 black and the rest blue. Eew.
I guess it's just a matter of taste, but the bike has a whole bunch of black in it already, so what's the difference? I saw it on someone else's bike, liked it, did it myself, and I have received numerous complements and questions about what I used and where to buy it. I agree the brush on kind will look kind of cheesy, but the spray on has a very nice textured look, especially when it's freshly done. The picture shown is after about 6 months of hard riding.

I liked urs too mine is an 02 so my sub frame is all bare, thats why I didn't line it too.

by the way, in pic one the instructions are right by the bike up side down. It even says the name right on the paper!! :D

Its herculiner "truck bed liner". turned out really well, I'm just hoping that the right side will stand up to that heat of the header right next to it.

wrooster: you tore down your entire bike just to apply this!? wow, you care alot more then me!!! Looks good.

wrooster: you tore down your entire bike just to apply this!? wow, you care alot more then me!!! Looks good.

no, i had the swingarm off to do annual maintenance -- so it was an opportune time to do the paint job as well.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f