Boots making frame ulgy.....found an solution

The frame where the boots constantly rub was starting to look like crap so I decided to do something about it.

2005_0728new4262222220012.jpg

2005_0728new4262222220011.jpg

2005_0728new4262222220010.jpg

Guess what I used, and ITS NOT PAINT!!!!....even gas wont kill this stuff!!!

and yes you can buy this stuff in the stores, altho minors may not be able (not too sure)

:applause: have phun,

--Denny

i think it would look cooler re painting it...

I seriously doubt that masking tape is going to stay on there long enough to protect anything. One, maybe two washes tops...

:eek:

Good idea man. Be sure to post pics after you get the masking off so we can see the finished product. I wear leather boots that don't seem to scratch the frame up much anyway. I'm almost embarrassed at how nice my bike still looks. :applause:

I have been using skate board grip tape and have had some success with it. :applause:undefined

So what is it?

Why not just get some Works Connection frame guards? :applause:

I have both the Works Guards and I also use grip tape. :applause:

I was looking at doing the same thing cause I've worn through the carbon fiber frame guards I have. Wrooster the stuff you used looks a little thin... I was looking at something like the rhino lining stuff.

I use STOMP Grip. It cost a little more than $9.99, but it works great and gives you a pro-look. I zip strap mine on the frame so that they'll last.

http://www.stompdesign.com/

I just respray it with PJ1 paint......it always comes back.... :applause:

I like to use strips of clear number plate background. It holds up extremely well and is hardly noticeble.

that was a very dumb idea.

I bought some nice frame gaurds as well. I dont think Id be too quick to get out the bedliner personally, but hey -its your bike and I cant see it from my house! The clear strips from 3m are also a good choice if the bike is brand new.

I'm hoping if I ride enough I'll get that "factory Pro works look" by just wearing all the paint off :D just kidding

It looks so hideous....I just cant bring myself to do it. I dont really mind the look of some bare steel. I think it looks better than a frame that is 1/4 black and the rest blue. Eew.

It looks so hideous....I just cant bring myself to do it. I dont really mind the look of some bare steel. I think it looks better than a frame that is 1/4 black and the rest blue. Eew.
I guess it's just a matter of taste, but the bike has a whole bunch of black in it already, so what's the difference? I saw it on someone else's bike, liked it, did it myself, and I have received numerous complements and questions about what I used and where to buy it. I agree the brush on kind will look kind of cheesy, but the spray on has a very nice textured look, especially when it's freshly done. The picture shown is after about 6 months of hard riding.

I liked urs too mine is an 02 so my sub frame is all bare, thats why I didn't line it too.

by the way, in pic one the instructions are right by the bike up side down. It even says the name right on the paper!! :D

Its herculiner "truck bed liner". turned out really well, I'm just hoping that the right side will stand up to that heat of the header right next to it.

wrooster: you tore down your entire bike just to apply this!? wow, you care alot more then me!!! Looks good.

wrooster: you tore down your entire bike just to apply this!? wow, you care alot more then me!!! Looks good.

no, i had the swingarm off to do annual maintenance -- so it was an opportune time to do the paint job as well.

jim aka the wrooster

'01 wr250f