13T Front Sprocket

Ok Guys..

Whos using a 13T front Sprocket on there 450.. currently running 14/47 (helps so i can keep 1 chain for both SM/MX), but want to get a little more accelaration when on the Track...

I use a 13 tooth front and a 50 or 51 tooth rear on my WR 400 when things are really tight, which is most of the time. When the trails are a little more open I switch to a 14 tooth front. If I was going to a track I would use the 14, If I don't first gear would be totally useless. A 13/47 should be the same as a 14/51. Try it and see if it works for you.

Front sprockets are cheap. You can always use it when you trail ride becouse I bet the

14/47 isn't cutting it offroad.

I would recommend the 14/51 set-up. Alot less wear on your chain and sprockets that way. I used a 13T Renthal one time, and in 6-months, it was wrecked.

I'm not sure if you could use the same chain when you switch from the 47T to the 51T.

I dropped to a 13T front and kept stock rear. That has been the single best mod I have made for trail riding. It is unbelievable how much easier it is to ride. I can idle thru rough areas and hardly ever stall the bike. After one ride, my brother and my other riding buddy came home and put one on there bikes too. :applause:

I also run a 13T front sprocket and it really helps to keep from stalling/clutching too much in the tight rocky stuff.

I also run a 13T front sprocket and it really helps to keep from stalling/clutching too much in the tight rocky stuff.

Same here, 13/50 for the low end tractor factor.

i did it too and it was the cheapest mod and best thing i have touched. my new wr450 does not need to go 140kms/hr top so it makes sence it now tops around 110kms/hr and only cost $14Aus the stock chain was fine. you need a 27mm socket to get the sprocket off! :applause:

i run 14/50 in the dunes... thats just me though..