Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vinniez

Pegs on a 650l

5 posts in this topic

After more than 15 years off the trail I decided to get back in to it again. Being that I live in California I decided to go with a 650L. I love the beast. I don't know why I waited so long. But I do have a question for some of you. What is up with the pegs. The left side peg is mounted higher and more inboard than the right side. Is there an simple fix? :applause:

The right-side peg is spaced out to clear the kickstarter that isn't there.

Its the same frame as the XR600R.

I wonder if this is why I always lean left when I get air!

Dave

I love the beast. But I do have a question for some of you. What is up with the pegs. The left side peg is mounted higher and more inboard than the right side. Is there an simple fix? :applause:

No fix, and in reality the pegs are at the same height. XRL Dave had the answer since the 650L & 600R shared the some of the same components way back when, i.e.; the extended supprot arm to "clear" the "ghost" kick starter lever.

Best plan is to replace those stock twigs with either Thumer Racing Burly Pegs or with some IMS Pro Pegs. I've got the Burly Pegs on my L and they are a MUCH better peg than stock, especially if you ride off-road. :eek:

Moose pegs are very good quality and far cheaper than most. Gonna get me some real soon.

:applause: