06 YZ 450...the plan is....

Alright, did the 2 stroke 05 YZ 250 thing for a year...coming from a Raptor, I adapted..but I just still like fourstrokes more.

Anyway, here is what my plan is, but I got a couple questions.

1.)I have Sidewinder chain and sprockets on my YZ 250, I want to keep them. Are YZ 250 and YZ 450 sprockets the same? Also, is the gearing the same?

2.) I have a SDG Tall seat for my YZ 250...once again, planning to keep it. Will a YZ 250 seat fit a YZ 450?

3.) I lowered my stock footpegs on my YZ 250(I learned that off of here by the way, thanks whoever it was that made the guide), will they fit on a YZ 450?

4.)I heard that buying a Twin Air filter with the backfire flame resistant stuff, and then getting a YZ 250 air filter cage is a good setup. Is the way I want to go ? Any other good setups?

5.) Last one, I swear. Ok, so I wiegh 230 and my stock YZ 250 was deffantly not springed/valved for me. I could tell on the track that I needed suspension work. What suspension company do you recomend for the YZ 450? (I would like for it to be afordable, but yet good)

Well if some of you guys can answer my questions, that would be AWESOME. Even if you can only answer like one thats fine, just post it and let me know. Thanks so much TT'ers. :eek::applause::)

well i dont think the seat will fit because its a differnt gas tank and such but im not sure.

for the pegs i really dont no .

but for the suspension, i sent my 04 yz250f forks and shock there and it made a huge improvement over stock. i got the revavle and new springs put it for my weight. (200) 6'3 and it helped me a lot. it cost me a good 800 bucks but it was well worth everypennie, ill be sending my 450 forks and shock there also.

im also getting the 06 yz 450 too...... cant wait.

mike

Alright, did the 2 stroke 05 YZ 250 thing for a year...coming from a Raptor, I adapted..but I just still like fourstrokes more.

Anyway, here is what my plan is, but I got a couple questions.

1.)I have Sidewinder chain and sprockets on my YZ 250, I want to keep them. Are YZ 250 and YZ 450 sprockets the same? Also, is the gearing the same?

2.) I have a SDG Tall seat for my YZ 250...once again, planning to keep it. Will a YZ 250 seat fit a YZ 450?

3.) I lowered my stock footpegs on my YZ 250(I learned that off of here by the way, thanks whoever it was that made the guide), will they fit on a YZ 450?

4.)I heard that buying a Twin Air filter with the backfire flame resistant stuff, and then getting a YZ 250 air filter cage is a good setup. Is the way I want to go ? Any other good setups?

5.) Last one, I swear. Ok, so I wiegh 230 and my stock YZ 250 was deffantly not springed/valved for me. I could tell on the track that I needed suspension work. What suspension company do you recomend for the YZ 450? (I would like for it to be afordable, but yet good)

Well if some of you guys can answer my questions, that would be AWESOME. Even if you can only answer like one thats fine, just post it and let me know. Thanks so much TT'ers. :):applause::p

1. Yes and No. I think.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Enzo all the way for Kayaba's. :eek:

1. Yes and No. I think.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes.

5. Enzo all the way for Kayaba's. :applause:

Thanks, you sure the seat will not work?

Dude, with the changing frame and all-new bike, I doubt an '05 450 seat will fit the '06. I guarantee you the 2 stroker seat won't.

Well, will the 05 YZ 250 seat fit the 05 YZ 450 seat?

No

Erik

Well, will the 05 YZ 250 seat fit the 05 YZ 450 seat?

.......no.

Thank you. And that's coming from TWO dudes who heavily modded 426's into 450's. . . :applause:

I'm pretty sure the '05 YZ250 footpegs will also fit into the new 450 aluframe.

Well this sucks, but anyway, thats alright.

Keeping my 250 for a bit, then going to get 06 CRF 450.

Just put my bike back to stock, no sense in keeping all my aftermarket stuff, if it only fits on the 05 YZ 250.

Might keep my bars though.

will my ironman from my '05 fit my '06 and what about my Dr.D slip-on?

Also could you provide me with winning lottery numbers for the Saturday drawing in TX.

Thank you for your time

;-)

:applause::eek: