HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crf230cr09

settling it down

16 posts in this topic

im buying a 04 yz450f i was wondering the best way to settle it down is it a flywheel weight if so what ounce im 14 yrs old 130 pounds ride pretty hard in the woods? thanks :applause:

I'm not sure I'd want to wrestle a 450 at 130 lbs bro. You do realize that it weighs twice what you do? What is it with all these kids on big bore thumpers?

Superglue on grips and seat...

honestly, wait a couple years and 50 pounds.

Try to ride one for 20 minutes first if you can find someone to lend you one, then you know why. :applause:

its my neighbors im buying it for $3000 and i got a 230 it weighs more than the 450 and i ride the 450 all the time

1> Add the Dr. D 8oz flywheel, at least for a while. They will let you send it back any time for one of a different weight for no charge other than shipping. For your size and weight and for woods riding, go with the 8oz.

2> if it still needs to come down a notch, throw a WR exhaust cam in it.

14 and 15 year old kids used to learn to ride 300 lb 500's within the scope of my memory. Of course, they only had 20-30 horsepower ,....

... and 50 tooth rear sprocket

It is not just the mere weight, it is the rotating mass that eats you up, not comparable with a CRF230. But if you already ride it and want it, take it.

its my neighbors im buying it for $3000 and i got a 230 it weighs more than the 450 and i ride the 450 all the time

Buying a bike that isn't right for you just because it's convenient or a good deal will lead to disappointment. If you must have such a big bike at your size and age, the WR is more suited to what you ride. It's easier to make a WR more like a YZ than the other way around. The YZ is a race bike. In the right hands, some are used as woods/trail bikes, but at 130# I doubt yours are the right hands.

im buying a 04 yz450f i was wondering the best way to settle it down is it a flywheel weight if so what ounce im 14 yrs old 130 pounds ride pretty hard in the woods? thanks :applause:

please be careful - that is lot bike for the woods and a 14year old 130lb der! :eek:

Is there a 2lb flywheel weight available? :)

It's only as fast as you turn the throttle.... I've seen 115lbs women ride GSXR 1000's... Do they ride the bike like its supposed to, NOOOOOO.

Yes you can ride the 450, but I'd bet you'd like and have more fun on a 250f.

Get a 250F, you'll like it better as you can "RIDE" it harder.....

how much does that flywheel cost thanks

Either flywheel is within $10 of the other. The GYT-R is roughly 7.3 oz heavier than stock, according to Dubach. If you buy Yamaha 's, you get to keep your current one, which you can either leave alone, or exchange for a Dr.D of a different weight. If you by from Doug, you can switch weights anytime.

http://www.dubachracing.com/products.aspx?lCatID=3#55

It's only as fast as you turn the throttle.... I've seen 115lbs women ride GSXR 1000's... Do they ride the bike like its supposed to, NOOOOOO.

Yes you can ride the 450, but I'd bet you'd like and have more fun on a 250f.

Get a 250F, you'll like it better as you can "RIDE" it harder.....

he has a rmz250f too but he wont sell it i like it alot but i wanted too get the 450 in between the 250 and it

every body, I have a yz426, 155-160 */w/ gear* and I also came off a 230. I'll never look back, just lean WAYYYYYY forward when crack'n the throttle. It often comes up on me, on my dads 450exc I cant keep the front down!!!

Not to add too much fuel to the fire here, but a CR250 and a YZ450 are not really that comparable when showing an example for growing into a big bike.

Honestly man, I'm not trying to piss in your cornflakes, but you really would be happier on a 250. To agree with RADRick, buying a bike because its a good deal isnt a good reason to get a bike. I once came across a SMOKIN' deal on a KLX650 owned by Team Green Pro Garth Sweetland...needless to say I never owned it because it was WAY too mcuh bike for any one mortal, best left to Gods like Open Pro Baja winners.