HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hart

Tool bag

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone put a bag on the rear fender of their WR. It looks like there is a flat spot there for a bag just like a XR. If so where are you getting the bag from??

Thanks

I got a great looking waterproof "nylon codura" bag at walmart for $4.00 It is blue and matched the bike really well, it was a camera type bag and is the perfect size to fit the fender - not too big or bulky. I carry all my tools in it and also a small bicycle sized can of flat fixer... I heated a nail with a torch until it was really hot then burned 4 holes in the bottom of the tool pouch. This keeps the nylon material from unravelling. Then I got stainless steel 1/4 bolts (nylon instert locking type nuts) and big stainless steel flat washers to attach to fender. I am very happy with its function and appearance. I don't have to wear fanny pack anymore, just the new tool pouch and pockets of a Malcolm Smith ISDE enduro jacket.

I have one on mine, forgot the name but a major brand. Had to drill three holes in the fender, works great has a hold down strap inside.

Yamaha makes a tool bag that rivets to the rear fender. My dealer was able to show me a picture in a catalog he had and I ordered it though them.