What gearing for the L?

What gearing can I go to with an uncorked "L"? I want to know the differance between stock and what "street" gears it can handle, this may settle an arguement between me and HondaXR650R. :applause: Thanks

If you are asking what is best for just street the stock, (15-45) is great for that. I have also tryed 15-48,14-48 and 14-45. The 15-48 was the best all around sprocket, a little lower off road and not much differance in top speed. The 14-48 was the best for off road, but too many rpm at highway speeds.

14-48 works good for me and allows me to go plenty fast on the highway. I like how it brought 2nd gear down a bit so I was able to ride the tight trails in 2nd instead of winding it out in 1st.

14-48 works good for me and allows me to go plenty fast on the highway. I like how it brought 2nd gear down a bit so I was able to ride the tight trails in 2nd instead of winding it out in 1st.

Exactly, thats what I run...14/48 Sunstars and they hit 85mph on highway easily and are perfect offroading. Nice to close that massive gap between 1st and 2nd as stock.

I agree with with thumper 245. I use the same set up.14/48 for around town and the woods is perfect. But for high way its to low but can be managed. I dont think I would even consider going any higher than 15 45. My bike tend to have a slight woble above 75 mph . just my 2cents

Thanks guy's you are always helpfull and informative.

I'm a tight-woods 13-48 guy myself.

-Dave

I run 13-48. Good for lofting the front end up!

I run 15/48 on the street and 14/48 off road. One note on gearing, when I went to a 5.10 rear and a 48 rear sprocket it was pretty much the same as the 4.60/45 stock set-up.

14/48 is ok up to about 55 after thate rpms just get to high. 13/52 is excelent for the real trickey trails. 15/45 is good for streets.