HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HondaXR650L

What gearing for the L?

10 posts in this topic

What gearing can I go to with an uncorked "L"? I want to know the differance between stock and what "street" gears it can handle, this may settle an arguement between me and HondaXR650R. :applause: Thanks

If you are asking what is best for just street the stock, (15-45) is great for that. I have also tryed 15-48,14-48 and 14-45. The 15-48 was the best all around sprocket, a little lower off road and not much differance in top speed. The 14-48 was the best for off road, but too many rpm at highway speeds.

14-48 works good for me and allows me to go plenty fast on the highway. I like how it brought 2nd gear down a bit so I was able to ride the tight trails in 2nd instead of winding it out in 1st.

14-48 works good for me and allows me to go plenty fast on the highway. I like how it brought 2nd gear down a bit so I was able to ride the tight trails in 2nd instead of winding it out in 1st.

Exactly, thats what I run...14/48 Sunstars and they hit 85mph on highway easily and are perfect offroading. Nice to close that massive gap between 1st and 2nd as stock.

I agree with with thumper 245. I use the same set up.14/48 for around town and the woods is perfect. But for high way its to low but can be managed. I dont think I would even consider going any higher than 15 45. My bike tend to have a slight woble above 75 mph . just my 2cents

I run 15/48 on the street and 14/48 off road. One note on gearing, when I went to a 5.10 rear and a 48 rear sprocket it was pretty much the same as the 4.60/45 stock set-up.

14/48 is ok up to about 55 after thate rpms just get to high. 13/52 is excelent for the real trickey trails. 15/45 is good for streets.