header pipe interferes with oil filter removal - 426 ??

Went to remove the oil filter from my brothers 01 426 and the header is in the way with the top right bolt so we just slapped it back in and just changed the oil. What's up with that? Also stripped the top left screw too. Put a small washer on it and some plumbers tape and it snugged up pretty good. Also this 426 seems to hold a lot more oil than my 450.

Some headers did get in the way on the 426, but you still need to get the filter out. The 426 has a capacity of 1.7 quarts after an oil and filter change, as opposed to 1.1 for a 450.

Went to remove the oil filter from my brothers 01 426 and the header is in the way with the top right bolt so we just slapped it back in and just changed the oil. What's up with that? Also stripped the top left screw too. Put a small washer on it and some plumbers tape and it snugged up pretty good. Also this 426 seems to hold a lot more oil than my 450.

The '00 and earlier 400/426's had the header pipe that interferred with oil filter removal. Your bro's '01 should have the updated header. To get the filter out, just undo the header mounting bolts, and the header/muffler join clamp, and swivel it up out of the way. You shouldn't have to totally remove the pipe.