HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FJT

650R fork dust wipers

11 posts in this topic

Hey, all;

Trying to find 46mm rubber dust wipers to replace the accordion boots on my 650; it'll be used on pavement.

Any info will be appreciated!

Thanks,

FJT

I tried those Frank. Got a rip in one and it went down the whole saver. I was like damn, I gotta tear the whole front end apart, again. No way, I ziptied the rip and ride on. All in all I'm not happy with the SRC, fork guard/skin setup.

Yeah, the responses so far are pretty much why I posted the Q in the first place. :applause:

We seek enlightenment!!!

Regards,

FJT

I tried those Frank. Got a rip in one and it went down the whole saver. I was like damn, I gotta tear the whole front end apart, again. No way, I ziptied the rip and ride on. All in all I'm not happy with the SRC, fork guard/skin setup.

Yeah, I've got a tear starting in one of mine too. :applause: Do the seal savers seem more durable??

I've had my fork skins on for about a year, No tears yet, I go thru a lot of brush at times, Guess I've been lucky...... :applause:

why not just go without the boots --if you are only on pavement-it sholdnt be an issue. we've raced the Baja 1000 without boots, so it shouldnt be an issue i would think...

Just would be nice to have the rubber scrapers on the top to rub off the dirt and keep it looking sano.

if you buy the sliders don't they come with the wipers? i was going to try these to get rid of the 80's boot look. i also heard there is a fork brace kit that comes with these as well.