HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WRNoob

What to get? New or Used?

2 posts in this topic

I'm looking at getting a bigger bike (poor old TTR250 cant hold my 115kg's)

I have narrowed it down to a WR as the KTM it too tall for me and a little twitchy for my liking (I'm old :eek: ).

I'm looking at a new 05 450 but want some feed back on how much better (if any) it is over the older models and if its $$$ cost for the new one is a better idea.

P.S hi all this is my first post here. :applause:

I paid $3500 USD for my '03 about 4 months ago. It was in real nice shape, very few miles. Granted, the '03's are "full of problems" :applause: , but less than $500 in upgrades fixes all. Compare that to a new bike at about $6500 - $7000, and I have lunch money for a year :eek: However, when buying used, definitely consider the source. Performance wise, I have no complaints with the 03, it rips, but I haven't ridden any other year WR either.