kick start

does anyone know how stop the thing from coming lose is it a case of using thread lock. :applause:

Yes. Use thread lock, and I put a paint pen mark on mine so I can see when it starts to move.

Winkel

well, if i had a kick starter, i would probably have a solution but.......

well, if i had a kick starter, i would probably have a solution but.......

&%$#@! is your problem you friggen post whore :eek::):p

you never contribute anything valuable here in this forum nor do you even ride a honda right??? get out and stay out, we dont want you. :p

now for the ? at hand-

i have found that loctite doesnt make any difference on this bolt loosening.

It needs to be a routine thing to check like befor every ride(do while warming up your bike to check the oil)

its just a 12 mm socket, crank the effer down, well not too much you know but pretty friigen tight and forget about til you ride again. I actually only check mine about once a month so thats every 5-10 rides. i always check it befor doing a long ride especially baja :applause:

Hope that helps and sorry for ranting at that WR post whore idiot,

Mike

I think I've just gotten lucky. Never does my kickstarter come loose? **Knock on wood**

Locktite it and torque to 20 ftlbs and don't worry....mines never loosened yet.. :applause:

I thought the same as you Frankstr, but then one day befor a ride in baja i was waiting in the parking lot for the group to arrive and thought what the hell i'll give my bike another once over and guess what-loose kick starter!

This is a real problem albeit a small one unless you lose your KS inn the middle of nowhere(and who rides in the middle of somewhere???)

I recommend checking it and check ing it again and and agian.

oh and dont forget that pinche right side foot peg:D

Sucks i gotta take off my skid plate but better than having it go loose and sheer off the bolt!

I do check bolts on a regular basis, along with everything else when I service it.... Have yet to find the kick start bolt loose......... :applause:

I think I've just gotten lucky. Never does my kickstarter come loose? **Knock on wood**

Ya, me neither. However, all this talk has got me worried, so tomorrow I'm going to take a look at her . . . finally.