Suspension Settings 05 450

Have you done any adjusting to the suspension settings yet? If not, read the manual and set them to standard and start from there.

Also, you might want to replace the front tire. Consider the Maxxis IT.

I have done a few minor adjustments from the stock and dropped the forks down to the first notch, i have also ordered a Maxxis IT which should be delivered tomorrow, I'll put it on before the weekend and give it a try. the suspension is at its worse when I'm going up steep single track climbs, it bounces and skips on the back, the front was bottoming out, I've sorted that, but in sorting that the forks feel harsh when you hit unsuspecting rocks.

hi my name is anthony from melbourne Australia. i have the same problem. i ordered a new front tyre too. and softened the suspension two clicks (front rebound &compression). the back tends to buck me off at high speed so i will back the rebound off. my 04 crf was the same when new. the best way to fix it is know what setting are where and go for a ride. make adjustments on the side of the trail and seee how it works. i hope this helps simple and inexpensive! by the way what free mods did you do on your 05?

regards anthony

ref pic from anglesea (melbourne)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/anthony_1978/100-0009_IMG.jpg

:applause:

hi my name is anthony from melbourne Australia. i have the same problem. i ordered a new front tyre too. and softened the suspension two clicks (front rebound &compression). the back tends to buck me off at high speed so i will back the rebound off. my 04 crf was the same when new. the best way to fix it is know what setting are where and go for a ride. make adjustments on the side of the trail and seee how it works. i hope this helps simple and inexpensive! by the way what free mods did you do on your 05?

regards anthony

ref pic from anglesea (melbourne)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/anthony_1978/100-0009_IMG.jpg

:applause:

disconnect the grey wire, cut the throttle screw down,removed the small baffle in the exhaust and removed the air box snorkel. :eek:

If the rear is kicking and bucking then you need More not less rebound damping. If your front is too soft go to the next stiffer fork spring. If you up the compression damping to compensate for bottoming you'll just make the fork harsh on small hits. If the fork feels good over most bumps and jumps and just bottoms when you hammer it hard, like when you hit the face of a water break on an uphill then you may just need to raise the oil height a bit to prevent bottoming without making the first part of the travel too stiff. Go 5mm at a time on the oil height. If you need to raise the oil more than 10mm then you need a stiffer set of springs.

Joe

If the rear is kicking and bucking then you need More not less rebound damping. If your front is too soft go to the next stiffer fork spring. If you up the compression damping to compensate for bottoming you'll just make the fork harsh on small hits. If the fork feels good over most bumps and jumps and just bottoms when you hammer it hard, like when you hit the face of a water break on an uphill then you may just need to raise the oil height a bit to prevent bottoming without making the first part of the travel too stiff. Go 5mm at a time on the oil height. If you need to raise the oil more than 10mm then you need a stiffer set of springs.

Joe

hey joe,

i did add 5cc of oil to the forks, i also up'ed the compression 2 clicks and -1 click of the rebound. half way through the ride i took 1 click off the compression, which made it loads better. i'll try more rebound on the rear, thanks.

if you want the tire its yours, its done 500 miles :applause: