Coolant Overflow Bottle

Has any one made or know of an aftermarket collant overflow bottle that can be fitted to a YZ426F 2000 model or similar. I am getting a little sick of dumping a little coolant on the ground after a hard ride and having to top up. It is only minimal but a pain never the less. Any brands, retailers or pics of home made units would be appreciated. :applause:

Try doing a search on TT for the Turkey baster(sp) Overflow mod. I added one to my 426. It works fairly well. I am breaking in a new trail which has some slow spots and with the heat we have been having the bike boils over with enough enthusiasm to blast out the vent on the turkey baster. I am thinking of putting a Y in the tube and using two for more volume. For normal use it works well.

• 2 years later...

I was gonna try the turkey baster idea till I found out that it only holded a little over an ounce (about 1-3/4oz) so I decided to use a larger overflow bottle and I was too cheap to purchase one online so I used a empty chalk line powder bottle about 6oz or so that had a tapered nozzle on it like the turkey baster. It is fasened to the fork tube by ziptyes and I taped it (I don't know why)? It is also vented on top by a WD-40 red, nozzel bent into a U shape. I didn't want to use Gray's idea and safety wire it worring that the wire would rub against the bottle and cause problems. Upon taking the plate off for the pic's I noticed the nozzle is breaking off because I zip tied it too tight. Just got back from Silverton, Co and noticed that the bottle worked because there is some coolant in the line. I flushed the cooland out last week and replaced it with that engine ice which is about $20 a bottle and I also didn't want to keep topping off the coolant especially at $20 a bottle. The only concern I have now is wheather or not the bottle is gonna handle HOT coolant because it's not as thick as a turkey baster? Here are some pictures, hope it helps: 100_0707.jpg. 100_0706.jpg

I was gonna try the turkey baster idea till I found out that it only holded a little over an ounce (about 1-3/4oz) ... I didn't want to use Gray's idea and safety wire it worring that the wire would rub against the bottle and cause problems.
Some notes:

> It wasn't my idea, it was MotoGoalie's

> Safety wire is bad, but duct tape and Zip-Ties are good?

> The bottle needs to be able to tolerate 270 degree fluids. Trust me, you won't like it in your lap! :eek:

> If you stop filling the radiator to the top (I know that's what it says to do), and leave it a bit over the tubes when cold, you won't loose that much except for extended hard slow speed work or in traffic.

Some notes:

>> If you stop filling the radiator to the top (I know that's what it says to do), and leave it a bit over the tubes when cold, you won't loose that much except for extended hard slow speed work or in traffic.

I don't fill it to the top! I'm smarter than that. Anyway, I will change the bottle out to a more appropriate container though. Thanks to who ever posted this idea in the past.