Why does my WR have a coolant overflow under the rear fender?

1/3 full is where it needs to be. I have logged on a gizzilion miles on my WR and the overflow bottle is still there. :banghead:

1/3 full is where it needs to be. I have logged on a gizzilion miles on my WR and the overflow bottle is still there. :banghead:

Ditto..... I've pretty much smashed everything on my bike but the bottle is the one thing that keeps hanging in there.. (literally) :banghead:

Photo of the bottle hangin tough!

Dan

i just wanted to get that cleaner yz look and was curious if i could ditch the bottle and use a yz subframe since those are easier to find than the wr subframes... Riding in the dunes i usually do a good 30 - 45 min clip of 4th gear style riding and there is plenty of air to cool the thing... i have only had my bike get HOT on me once and that was in the middle of the summer just before dark when it was still over 100 out..

The only problem that I have had is when it gets dirty its hard to see your coolant level.

im thinking about draining the bottle, plugging it up, and just storing some extra fuel in there...for the one or two times i have been coasting home on fumes.

I want to drain mine and put Jack in it. Then run the tube up to the bars and presto...Insta Bar! :lol::banghead: Just Kidding. :banghead:

I want to drain mine and put Jack in it. Then run the tube up to the bars and presto...Insta Bar! :lol::banghead: Just Kidding. :lol:

THAT SIR, is a freaking fantastic idea!!! make mine macallan single malt though! :banghead:

THAT SIR, is a freaking fantastic idea!!! make mine macallan single malt though! :banghead:

Damn! Getting spendy! Single malt it is! Bikes, booze & guns. WHAT A COUNTRY! :banghead::lol::lol:

Damn! Getting spendy! Single malt it is! Bikes, booze & guns. WHAT A COUNTRY! :banghead::lol::lol:

not spendy if you get your macallan 10 year at trader joes, under the trader joes name brand. :banghead:

scotch.JPG

not spendy if you get your macallan 10 year at trader joes, under the trader joes name brand. :banghead:

Will do. Thanks for the tip. :banghead:

is there a tutorial on making that??

I did a search in the CRF forum and I think I have a link in our YZF450 forum.

Search coolant overflow bottle or something like that. :banghead:

well i pulled the tank off this past weekend and routed it down to where all the other vent hose's go... i will take the bottle with me this weekend when i test it out in dumont.. if its dumping too much coolant ill just put it back on.. :banghead: Ill letcha know how it goes.