HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ride yzf all the way

hows fast will ayz450f go

15 posts in this topic

It really depends on the gearing.... You could probably pull a 15 front and 46 rear and pull close 120 with flat ground and a tail wind... Keep in mind this would make 1st gear feel like stock 3rd.... You would want to have freshly trued wheels, the effects of not being true at the 100mph is not fun.. :applause:

They say a stock 03 450 does the same spped as a 426....I think its a little shy of that though.... I read in a artical that they used a radar gun and clocked a 426 at 85mph in stock trim.....

Mine pulled 89.2 on pavement with a 15/49 right at the rev limit (GPS). Theoretical top end is 91, but the tires slip some even on asphalt.

. You could probably pull a 15 front and 46 rear and pull close 120 with flat ground and a tail wind...

<sigh>

You know, I promised myself I would ignore these threads, I guess I lack self-discipline.

To do 120 mph w/ that gearing would require about 14,000 rpm, and that is w/ perfect traction. I'm not sure if a stock 450 has the hp to overcome the wind resistance to do 120 even if perfect traction was possible.

15/46 gearing will get you in the 80s, maybe even high 80s, but that is about it.

i was told in the crf450 forum that 450's do 100mph

A stock CRF will almost make 100, maybe 97 or so, on dirt, very hard dirt, w/ 15/45 gearing, which is a whopping 28% taller than stock. It will pull this gearing, but I doubt anything much taller is a realistic possibility.

mine did about 90 something the other day. Bad thing is a 125 was right beside it.................who would have thought that...................Oh they were in the bed of my truck.

mine did about 90 something the other day. Bad thing is a 125 was right beside it.................who would have thought that...................Oh they were in the bed of my truck.

Friggen Classic. :applause::eek::):p:p:p:p

I know my 400 does almost 85 with 14/49 stock gearing and a FMF pipe. My father was behind me in his truck, he was at 80 and i was creeping away on a flat stretch of highway, pinned WOT in 5th. Yamaha says a stock YZF450 will do 85 off the showroom floor, I'll believe it.

I dont know about you guys, but I know I wouldnt wanna be going no 90+ MPH no matter how much protective gear I had on, whether it be on the track or specifically on asphalt...

hahahahaha :eek::applause:

<sigh>

You know, I promised myself I would ignore these threads, I guess I lack self-discipline.

To do 120 mph w/ that gearing would require about 14,000 rpm, and that is w/ perfect traction. I'm not sure if a stock 450 has the hp to overcome the wind resistance to do 120 even if perfect traction was possible.

15/46 gearing will get you in the 80s, maybe even high 80s, but that is about it.

A stock CRF will almost make 100, maybe 97 or so, on dirt, very hard dirt, w/ 15/45 gearing, which is a whopping 28% taller than stock. It will pull this gearing, but I doubt anything much taller is a realistic possibility.

I thru the number out there....Seems you did the math and I was at leat close.....I think you are little off saying that 15-46 will get you mid eighty's though.... The bike in stock trim will get you that.....

That said, you should be able to pull over a hundred with that gearing.....But I suppose I didn't do the math so I am all washed up..... Thanks for correcting me.

:applause: