Putting on a Teraflex...

Hi everyone, well one of my buddies with a xr650l just bought a new teraflex monster tire for his bike and let me just say it has been the biggest bitch to frekin mount! Its a 4 ply tire, I dont remember what my MT21's are but they went on&off within 10mins. Anyways, the first tube we popped b/c it got pinched in one part and guess what happened with the second? Oh it popped to, pinched again... We felt like frekin fools b/c of this, I mean come on, its just tires right? So I think he's just gonna bring it to the dealer and let them deal with it instead of spending another 11$ on a new tube. For those of you out there who have mounted this beast, whats your tips or secrets? I cant believe I'm getting beat by a tire :applause:. Chime in if anyone wants to.

Thanks,

Zack

Awesome, I got the base changer at their store but they didnt have the motorcycle atachment there and they cant order stuff either. So i ordered it online and should be here in 10-15 days, ugg. Cant wait to try the thing, did u bolt ur to the ground?

Hey graffix50 , where in Fl? how do you like tera-flex ? Do you ride woops fast and do you notice the extra weight ? I'm do for new tire. I currently have the mich dessert and like, but center knobs new aren't very tall.

Hey graffix50 , where in Fl? how do you like tera-flex ? Do you ride woops fast and do you notice the extra weight ? I'm do for new tire. I currently have the mich dessert and like, but center knobs new aren't very tall.

I'm in Orlando and ride big scrub in Ocala allot. It's lots of whoops and sugar sand. I don't notice the weight at all. It's a great tire with load of traction.

I have about 500 miles of dirt and maybe 100 miles of pavement and the tire is about half way. A new terrorflex has very large center knobs, you won't be disappointed.

I came from an mt21 and it's not even close in the dirt, might be a little better on the street.

Only down side to a flex is riding behind it!!!! :applause:

I'm riding the dixie dual sport Sand Spur ride . Are you ? I'd like to see tera-flex.

I'll be there!! My Buddy's bringing his DR650 and he might have a brand new Tera Flex on. It's impressive new. See ya there.:applause:

I had the shop mount mine on the rim for $20 and did the rest myself, also changed to 14/48 Sunstars at the same time. Was a huge upgrade, and am very pleased with the tire and gearing. Although the tire raises the bike about 1.5 inches over stock at least. But the traction on street is fine (breaking in it will slip a bit for about 10mi.) And the dirt traction is unreal !

Be careful if your fallowing a TeraMONSTER

I have some pics in my garage of the tire up close and installing if anyone wants a peek.