Blowing back light bulbs

Does anyone have a cure for this problem.

XR650R , stop and tail bulbs blow with a monotonous regularity. Two bulbs on a 90 mile round trip.

Cheers Neil. :applause:

I had the same problem once. I think it is from the vibrations inthe rear fender and not so much electric.

So....I started riding AROUND stuff like Yamaha's and DRZ's.....instead of just riding OVER them. Worked for me.

Maybe change to LED. Plenty of posts on it.

:applause:

So....I started riding AROUND stuff like Yamaha's and DRZ's.....instead of just riding OVER them. Worked for me.

You have to catch them first, Look in my garage

Neil.

I adjusted my pedal so the light was always on accidentally. Took a while to figure out why it kept popping the bulb.

I had that problem with a aftermarket T/Lamp on my 600R, I found a bulb that had a hook in it that supported the filament in the middle, it was a factory Toyota taillamp bulb, I think, I just run the stock lamp on my 650R and I added another small 94 bulb for the brake lamp in it (rubber socket) no problemo.

on some real old Hondas, the tailites would quickly fail if the headlight wasn't on ... in the days of the old selenium rectifiers

I had the same problem once. I think it is from the vibrations inthe rear fender and not so much electric.

Maybe change to LED. Plenty of posts on it.

That is right, if you look the filliment is broken. I went LED and that fixed that.Or you could ride a lot slower :eek:

That is right, if you look the filliment is broken. I went LED and that fixed that.Or you could ride a lot slower :p

"If you can't ride fast, get a bike that looks like you can!":applause: :p

Thats why my mate bought an XR650R, He still can't catch me.:applause:

Neil. :eek::)

my old grey honda had a selenium rectifier...that was when Ford was president!

actually, I wasn't sure if they still used the selenium rectifiers, I just assumed its more solid-state these days .. (showing my age) :applause:

no no no, my Yoshimura titanium exhaust blows bulbs like you wont beleive! just the rear right one.