More sag for better handling

I was wondering if anyone has tried more race sag than normal? I am still fighting the front end from pushing and a little head shake, so I let my friend ride my bike and he feels that it needs at least 1" more sag. So I am going to give it a try, he is a fast vet A guy and really seems to know his stuff. I am a top 3 or 4 vet B rider so our speeds are not off to far. :applause::eek:

If you run more sag your going to make it worse. The problem your having is the chopper effect of the bike with too much sag. You need to decrease it about 5-10 mm. It's pushing because your not laying the bike over enough because you dont have enough weight on the front because your rear end is sitting too low. Also drop your forks down in the triple clamps. You've probably got them too high and that's whats causing the headshake.

If you run more sag your going to make it worse. The problem your having is the chopper effect of the bike with too much sag. You need to decrease it about 5-10 mm. It's pushing because your not laying the bike over enough because you dont have enough weight on the front because your rear end is sitting too low. Also drop your forks down in the triple clamps. You've probably got them too high and that's whats causing the headshake.

Yeah go with Gonzo :applause:

http://www.ohlins.com/mc_ultimate_tuning.shtml

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

The sag should be set up as per the manufacturers instructions to compensate for the weight of the rider. If you have handling glitches try downloading the Ohlins suspension tuning manual, it has a little troubleshooting guide in it. You will need Adobe Reader to read the document. Best wishes

Or if you know someone with KTM manuals, they have great suspension manuals for the forks and shock with excellent troubleshooting guides. Don't mind which model, the suspension tuning advice is the same in all of them