What year yz/wr 426 are you riding????

What year 426 are you riding???? (multi-choice)  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What year 426 are you riding???? (multi-choice)

• Wait, what bike....whats the question again????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just bought a 2002 426f from Cal-Coast Motor sports in Ventura,CA. It is a very powerful machine. It appeared to be in excellent cond. I am very happy with it..(except, of course, the ankle-spraining,sweat-pouring, cursing, swearing, and general frustrations of starting it) how easy is one of these "hot cams" to install? Is it best to leave it alone and put up with the starting fiasco?

I just bought a 2002 426f from Cal-Coast Motor sports in Ventura,CA. It is a very powerful machine. It appeared to be in excellent cond. I am very happy with it..(except, of course, the ankle-spraining,sweat-pouring, cursing, swearing, and general frustrations of starting it) how easy is one of these "hot cams" to install? Is it best to leave it alone and put up with the starting fiasco?

by the looks of things its not toooooo hard, just make sure ya have the tools/balls to start the project and finish it.

thanks to all joining in on the poll :applause:

As far as installing the 03 auto decompression cam don't wait, just do it! You will be very happy with the results. This was the best $110.00 I have spent on my bike. I just did the 450 cam swap in my 2002 YZ426 14-15 weeks ago and it was very easy to complete and I had never even checked my valves. Make sure you use a torque wrench that measures in inch pounds NOT foot pounds to torque the four bolts that hold the cam caps. After you check your valves with the new cam you will need to go to your dealer to buy/order the correct shims to give you the right clearance. I'm located in the Huntington Beach area of So. CA. and I would be happy to give you a hand if you would like. Just let me know.

Ed

00 YZ426. Been converted to road use from new. 20,000+ miles. Can still be a dog to start some days. Runs on Avon ExtrememWets and will out turn any sports bike through the twisties........

Rubbish for anything over 50 miles, best thing on the planet for anything less....

Once you learn the "drill", and assuming the valves are in spec and jetting is correct, starting the 426 is simple and becomes second nature. I had an '01 YZ 426, sold it to buy a 250F, sold that after 8 months and now have an '02 YZ 426. It's still the same reliable bulletproof bike that I remember my '01 being. Although having the auto decomp would be nice, I have no problems starting the 426, 2-3 kick cold, 1-2 kicks hot. :applause:

2000 YZ 426. Set up for enduro. The thing is a tractor. Total engine rebuild last winter, but is now collecting dust due to the new 05 450EXC. Don't think I will ever ride the YZ ever again.