Leak Jet?

can anyone tell me what the leak jet is for? i have read threads where people have blocked it with solder. :applause:

The leak jet allows some of the AC pump squirt volume to leak back into the float bowl. #40 leak jet seems to work best for WR450. I use the "zero" leak jet for winter riding. :applause:

The leak jet allows some of the AC pump squirt volume to leak back into the float bowl. #40 leak jet seems to work best for WR450. I use the "zero" leak jet for winter riding. :eek:

thanks indi,

i have just changed the leak jet to a 40, i haven't had chance to try it yet, do you think it will help reduce the dreaded Bog? :applause:

The treaded bog is caused by many possible issues you just have to find out what is causing it:

Too early an AC pump squirt timing.

To little/too much AC pump squirt volume

Too rich/lean a pilot circuit.

Keep playing with the carb and eliminate the dreaded bog! :applause:

The treaded bog is caused by many possible issues you just have to find out what is causing it:

Too early an AC pump squirt timing.

To little/too much AC pump squirt volume

Too rich/lean a pilot circuit.

Keep playing with the carb and eliminate the dreaded bog! :p

i'm running red #3 160 main i dropped the pilot jet to a 42 and the leak jet to a 40, i think i have eliminated the breaded dog :applause: i just have to check the plug, the altitude i ride is 8,000' -11,000' so i'm running pretty weak now, how much power do you lose at those altitude? i also installed a "power now" not sure what it did for the bike :) i know it erased $100 from my bank :eek:

thanks

At 10,000. feet you lose approx 20% of the HP at seal level. That is why a 250 four stroke is so weak at high altitude. The 450 should feel more like a 350 at those altitudes. Your jetting looks good to me. I run a 45 pilot at 10,000. feet but each carb jets a little different. :applause:

At 10,000. feet you lose approx 20% of the HP at seal level. That is why a 250 four stroke is so weak at high altitude. The 450 should feel more like a 350 at those altitudes. Your jetting looks good to me. I run a 45 pilot at 10,000. feet but each carb jets a little different. :eek:

thanks Indy :applause:

Guys, I dropped into my local Yamaha dealer and tried to purchase a #40 leak jet, but he couldn't find the part listed. Does anyone have the part number and an online source? I'm going with a bunch of guys to Ouray Col. in Aug, and want to make some jetting changes for altitude. I thought while I have the carb off, I'd try the leak jet swap. Any help with this would be much appreciated.