HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pontala

426 TOO TALL!! suspention help please

7 posts in this topic

:applause: Any one knows the best way to short a yz426 about 3"? I am about 5'7" w/ short legs I have to grab something or step on a rock to start the son of gun. it harder if you fell going up a hill!! help please any one :eek:

The best(also most expensive) way is to take the suspension to a shop and have them lower the suspension and revalve it for your weight.

Other ideas....

Trim the seat foam

lower the sub-frame

Raise the forks in the triple clamps and soften(back out compression) the rear suspension

Like DPW said, the suspension shop is the best way, but it's a little expensive. There is another way that you could try that may be a little cheaper. It's a lowering link. This one says it's not intended for competition use, but it may do the trick at a lower cost.

How To Lower The Sub Frame? Do I Need Any Adpter To Do This?

Thank You For Your Reply. I Also Checked The Lowering Link But I Ride On Trails That Have Big Jumps And I Will Need The Clearance

PS: HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO ESPEND ON THE SUSPENTION SHOP? DO YOU KNOW ANY ONE THAT YOU CAN INDICATE?

How To Lower The Sub Frame? Do I Need Any Adpter To Do This?

Thank You For Your Reply. I Also Checked The Lowering Link But I Ride On Trails That Have Big Jumps And I Will Need The Clearance

PS: HOW MUCH CAN I EXPECT TO ESPEND ON THE SUSPENTION SHOP? DO YOU KNOW ANY ONE THAT YOU CAN INDICATE?

subframe try this http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264710&highlight=subframe

Do a search and you will find plenty of info on the subframe, but lowering the suspension made the biggest difference on my girlfriend's bike. I paid around $400 to lower and revalve for her weight...it was worth every penny...wish I would have done it a year ago.

pontala,

Have you set your sag to 100mm? I'm your height, i only had problems with off cambered hills, then I'd just start the bike with my left leg and go.