Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bahamasrider

xr650l vs ktm 640 super motard

13 posts in this topic

which is a better buy have a 6550 now want another bike looking at ktm

What answer would you expect to get in the Honda forum :applause:

Okay I will jump in

My XR675L is very pumped up. I love it very reliable low maintenance.

My Father-in-Law has a 625SXC with zero mods and it is faster handles better. It probably weighs close to the same as mine does now with the diet I put it on.

Now my bike even with the mods was and is cheaper than his KTM. I enjoy riding both bikes, course I love riding any motorcycle!

Your choice.

Travis

I would lean towards the Austrian machine. If I could find a good deal on one, it would be a no brainer.

if u want a bike that will last for ever with very little matinance, go red. if u want a bike that is fast and wont last nearly as long, go orange.

Okay I will jump in

My XR675L is very pumped up. I love it very reliable low maintenance.

My Father-in-Law has a 625SXC with zero mods and it is faster handles better. It probably weighs close to the same as mine does now with the diet I put it on.

Now my bike even with the mods was and is cheaper than his KTM. I enjoy riding both bikes, course I love riding any motorcycle!

Your choice.

Travis

I totally agree with you Travis.

You could always look into a xr650r :applause:

Get a 650R, all the HP you need, low maint, plenty of aftermarket parts...

There's no doubt that the KTM is a good bike, however, as they are all hand built there's no guarantee you'll get the same parts fitted to every machine. To put it simply, my 2 buddies bought 625 SMC's on the same day, from the same dealer and the differences in details like fork protectors, hoses, chainguards(missing on 1), even fit & finish is very obvious. How about KTM's factory mechanic admitting that the seat bolts always drop out?? Having ridden both of them and all KTM's other machines at a recent trackday, apart from the Duke, they all suffer with a big problem....finger & feet numbing vibration. The other thing is that parts are so expensive, especially if you decide to dual sport them, just price up how much to convert the LC4 into a dirt bike and that wil put you off straight away.

Buy a Honda and get the quality as you'd expect from the experts....

Good luck!