Mileage

Justo for info., on my WR450 with FMF powercore 4 with silent insert, I got 62 miles to the gallon. (125 miles on 1.96 gallons) This was on 50% easy road/trail going around 7000 to 9000 feet. There were some hard climbs but mostly not very challenging. The jetting is stock but I turned my fuel screw to one turn to lean it at that altitude. I checked the specs and the 2.2 gallon tank has only .3 gallon reserve. So under the best of conditions, you have probably 18 miles left on reserve.

I was alone so I took it easy. This was an exploration not a race. It would not be challenging for the hard core people who like boulders, etc. I did not go fast in the narrower treed trails. I drive speed according to what I can see and do not want to come around a blind corner and hit a quad. On the roads leading to the area, I was probably 1/2 throttle in 5th gear. The 450 is better than the 250 for me because my style is to keep the rpm's low using a higher gear and the extra power is good for the altitude. The mileage seemed high but this is the first time that I actually measured it.